Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
I played Legend of Keepers: Prologue and enjoyed it, though the title seems to be nonsense. You manage a group of monsters and are tasked with keeping adventurers from clearing out your dungeons and taking the loot. In between groups of adventurers, you can send your monsters to plunder the town for gold or to possibly release new monsters to join your group. The combat reminds me of Darkest Dungeon, though you're intended to lose at least half of the time. You can kill the adventurers to harvest their blood, or attack their morale to scare them off and harvest their tears instead. Both are an important resource. It doesn't take itself too seriously and is pretty fun. The prologue too me about 90 minutes to finish, and basically convinced me to buy the full game when it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Trip Hazard posted:

Injustice is showing up at full price for me, in the UK. Is it just for the US?

I'd likely never play it anyway, but a free game is a free game...

I'm in Canada and was able to claim it.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

TGLT posted:

As a headsup to anyone looking to jump into the Shadowrun Collection, the three games have no connection to each other. Dragonfall and Hong Kong are both really good, Returns is mechanically alright but the story is weak, and Hong Kong's bonus campaign is bad.

Are these the ones that are like a cyberpunk XCOM?

XCOM and XCOM2 are my two most played games on Steam, but other games in the genre haven't grabbed me the same way.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Aceofblue posted:

Lol same. I have a problem. I love getting free games and just... never touching them again ever. Hitting that download button on a free game is such a nice tiny dopamine hit.

Edit: Oh hey though I watched the trailer for Halcyon6 after I downloaded it and it actually looks pretty fun. I'm a sucker for pixel art style games.

I bought Halcyon 6 on Steam a while ago and didn't regret it. It can be a liiiittle repetitive, but there's fun to be had. If the premise piques your interest and the price is free, I'd say it's worth your time to check it out.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Lutha Mahtin posted:

not having played the game, i didn't want to dunk on that post, but "hold A and push left and right once in a while" made me think yep, that's a 1980s racing game

If I could be playing Al Unser Jr's Turbo Racing right now, I would be.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Loop Hero will probably be the first game I actually play on the Epic Store.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
I was going to buy Dungeons 3 on Steam before I found out that I already got it for free from Epic.

Anyway, I've been playing a free game and enjoying it.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

bees x1000 posted:

whoa, Gloomhaven is a big one IMO. Extremely good game.

Dang, that's one I bought on Steam a while ago, but I only put an hour into it so far.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
You definitely would not have played it between now and then anyway.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Next week's free game is Warpips, one of those games about sending waves of units in a straight line at the enemy base that's sending waves of units at you (but with voxel graphics).

I considered picking up Warpips when it was like $6, so I'm pretty pleased to get it for free. Maybe I'll even play it.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

The Mighty Moltres posted:

All this time I thought that Doki Doki Literature Club was some dumb dating simulator.
I've been playing it for the past five hours, and man it is hosed up.
Love it.

So uhh... what is it?

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
I enjoyed Bomber Crew, and I figured Space Crew would have some similarities, but it might as well be the exact same game with a reskin. The same old formula just didn't hook me the same way.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Is there a similar mod for Space Crew? I haven't been able to find it, but it might be enough to get me to play it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
I think it has been free on the Epic Store before.