Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

RBA Starblade posted:

I tried Subnautica when it was free, learned I hate it as much as all the craftothons, and uninstalled it and Epic.

The End

I usually dislike crafting games, but loved Subnautica. Maybe because I played it about a year ago which is after it received a lot of patches/updates that improved it a shitload, and also because I scuba dive which maybe helps. The sea was a way more awesome environment than the usual terrain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh for sure, it's a fun setting which is why I gave it a shot but in the end I just get bored immediately with gathering resources to build items to gather resources

Yeah, if it had just been resource gathering I wouldn't have enjoyed it. But the story with the radio messages and logs, breaking into parts of the crashed ship and weird alien stuff was fascinating to work through. And then you build the Prawn suit and go all spiderman and drill-punching.

e: edited to add that I'm not trying to convert you - you play what you want to play. I've certainly ignored games that everyone tells me "get really good" because I've bounced hard off the first few minutes. I mean, not enough to uninstall the client and never go back but still... :v:

Gromit fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 26, 2019

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Discendo Vox posted:

Do make note of the BeforeIPlay pages for Watch Dogs and AC 3 and Revelations. All of these games are...rough, to put it mildly.

Yeah, BeforeIPlay said something like "Are you sure you want to play this and aren't thinking of the second one?". I wanted to enjoy it, and kind of liked those QR codes you had to line up in the environment, but pretty much hated everything else. I love huge world collectathons and driving around (Mad Max was great for me) but WD1was dire.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Thanks El Fideo. Took me a moment to work out you need to uncheck the free trial in order to turn off all the billing details, but worked fine. I mean, you need the Big Fish installer but that's ok.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

There are some discussions on Steam where people describe how they managed to get them installed, so it's worth a look there if it's still being a poo poo.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/442120/discussions/0/2140840224663799809/

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Guy Forget posted:

I've never played a hidden object game before and have no idea which to pick. Can anyone offer some guidance?

I've played tons of them but I'll be buggered if I could remember which are which. They each only take you about 3 hours to finish, but make sure you get the collector's edition version if you see it, as it will likely have an extra short bonus "adventure" and you might as well get a bit more game for your money, so to speak.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Oldstench posted:

Does your software cure cancer and only run on Win 7? If not, you can give no good reason as to why this is still a thing. It's probably part of some Russian botnet as we speak.

My spare PC that a friend uses to game on when he comes over still runs Win 7. I've tried putting 10 on it twice, both as an upgrade and as a fresh install, and both times I end up with a system that hard locks after random time both in-game and at the desktop. 7 runs fine, but Win10 just hates something in the hardware.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Mierenneuker posted:

There are two pieces of single player content that replicate the movie Alien and which are voiced by the original cast (except Ash I think). But I remember people mentioning that they are both quite short. The original campaign on the other hand is really, really long. Odds are that if you finish it you are done with the game.

Yeah, the Alien aesthetic was absolutely nailed in the game, but man did I feel like I wanted it to end way before it actually did. Fun, but stressful.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

For some reason I have a malformed gene or something that means I really like HOGs, even though they seem to be where poo poo writers go to die. One day I'd love to play one with a sensible storyline that will let me clear those cobwebs with my hand or just push that drat hungry cat out of the way! And who keeps locking these doors by hiding 3 parts of a key inside a fountain and a mailbox?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

If the game name isn't of the format "Game title: Further subtitle" then it probably isn't a HOG.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Can you ever get free games that install on Android like this? There's a bunch of games there that would be way better on my phone (not the HOGs, but all those match 3s).

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Skwirl posted:

It's pretty rare, but in terms of match 3s aren't there a bazillion free ones that have always been free?

Sure, but I'd rather they didn't pop ads up all the time if that's an option.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

repiv posted:

Surviving Mars next week

This must be a repeat as I already have it on EGS and I certainly would not have bought it.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Obduction next week is a good one. Definitely worth playing if you are into that Myst style of game, and it looks a treat. Some of it was very tricky though, so you'll need to have your thinking head on (I had to use a guide for some of it, but I'm not particularly clever).

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

treat posted:

Wowee I have Syberia 1 + 2 on like 5 different platforms now. They're trying real hard to get me to buy Syberia 3 but it isn't gonna happen.

Good call. I enjoyed the first 2 so bought the third but man it was dire.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Lib and let die posted:

Sometimes even the second time too, like, what the gently caress, am I having a stroke?

Yeah, older USB is designed for three attempts. I'm pretty sure it's in the spec.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I got a card with Anthem, and by the time the rest of my PC parts arrived to use it the game had cycled over to something better like Metro Exodus. However, when I tried Anthem I actually had some fun with it and the flying felt really good, especially if you stayed close to the ground. Pity the rest of it was a hot mess.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

fit em all up in there posted:

I have steam codes I got from Humble Bundle for:

Blazing Beaks
Golf With Your Friends

I'll PM if you want them. Or whatever works best for you.

I'd love either of these if they are still available (in order of preference if they are both still around). PM is cool.
Cheers!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Hero Siege complete plus bunch of DLC
Heroes of Hammerwatch

Still available

Thanks for Blazing Beaks. I have Hero Siege but none of the DLC and I don't want to be a Blazing Pig and take more. But if no-one comes forward who doesn't have the base game already I'll throw my hat in the ring.
Cheers!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Redux is updated to Unreal Engine 4 for some better lighting and a few less jaggies. You might not be able to tell the difference.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

chglcu posted:

I hated using the gloo cannon, but apart from that, new Prey was a drat fine game.

I only ever used it for traversal up walls (usually after spending ages trying to jump and climb my way up, forgetting that the thing even existed).

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair (I believe I do)

Love to give this a go if it's still there.

e: and received - thank you!

Gromit fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Mar 25, 2022

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

We also had cross-regional gifting and Amazon Tony.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Skwirl posted:

I'm still annoyed there's nothing really like Bookworm on Android.

There's Letter Quest, but there's something about it I don't like that I can't put my finger on.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

4-player coop too, by the looks. My group tends to be 6 players, and it's frustrating how few games support more than 4. It's not like everyone is playing these things local with split-screen.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Zereth posted:

Is that the borderlands 2 DLC as a standalone thing?

Yeah. Apparently there's a few very minor changes but that's essentially it.

e: how did I miss that reply already? I blame it being 5am.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Today's fish is Trout a la creme. Enjoy your meal.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Not available in Australia, so no freebie this week for us.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

My 2080 doesn't meet the requirements, anyway. Probably needs a 4xxx series.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

OgNar posted:

Sadly i've been coming up short where I didnt like the game or like yesterday where I could only open 4 because I had all the other games.

There's a dropdown marked Browse Holiday Giveaways and you can select to view only "Available" that filters out anything you can't enter.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I enjoyed it enough and don't have any of the DLC, but DE is my jam so maybe I'm resistant to stuff other people don't like about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

John F Bennett posted:

No, I didn't like Outer Wilds at all and never understood why people like it so much. Obsidian's game is more my thing.

I wasn't a fan either. I played it for about an hour and a half and uninstalled. But because goons raved about it so much I've put it back on and will give it another go.

\/ Ah. If I'd have known it was on a timer I wouldn't have bought it. I'm not smart enough to be rushed to solve puzzles.

Gromit fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Mar 29, 2024