Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

So, just to be clear, I've gotta make a Blizzard account and sign up and all that junk to download and get the game when it unlocks?

Yes, you have to have an account with their free, low hassle online system to download the free game they're giving away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

is this sarcasm

No, battle.net is super painless.

Unless you somehow don't have an email address. Do you not have an email address? You should get an email address! Its all you need for this free AAA developer's game!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

spaceblancmange posted:

Wow a lot of posts in here there must have been a lot of free Christmas day games!

Oh

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Oh god what if China learns that I enjoy turn based rpgs, 4x, and management games!!!!!!!!

I’m very important and my video game data is very valuable!!!!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Maybe he was cryogenically frozen.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Hue was a fun little phone game. That’s about all though.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

baka kaba posted:

you could rock your finger across the W and S like you're fretting a guitar :guitar:

either way having the key right there is nice, I feel like I'd get RSI within 2 minutes trying that other one. Or is your thumb meant to go on the C?

Even then it’d be way more comfortable to do like qwe and c.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Rocket League is free on Epic right now.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Skwirl posted:

everything posted in this thread requires an internet connection, that's not free.

I only get free games at my local library. :colbert:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1318546043970088960?s=21

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

It’s FREE abandonware that’s been in early access since 2015

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Couch coop d3 on the PS4 was a really fun time when my wife and I were dating. We’d get high and play video games then make out.

In conclusion, D3 was a great game.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

I take the free ones, but I've made a sort of unofficial promise to myself to not ever actually pay money for anything on the Epic store. I'm not sure exactly why, but in large part it is due to the fact that anything there I can get either on GOG, which is my preference, or Steam if I must. I suppose that Epic just doesn't give me a reason to buy from them over other online storefronts.

I finally broke and bought Hitman 3 because those games are my crack.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I just already have a lot of games on Steam and didn't want to change bc I am old, until an exclusive I cared about came out and I didn't want to wait a year.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

There's a difference between adding something to your library and actually downloading it.

All of their ‘Claim and keep’ stuff has a button to just add it to your library on my PS4.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Can someone translate this into English?

you build a deck, there are skill checks, where your character's skills matter, rng checks, where a roll of the die matters, and third person combat similar to the arkham batman games.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is it really free if you have to give out your email?

:raise:

oh no, my top secret gmail account that I created for junk mail purposes.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I guess no one remembers that guys mini meltdown?

drat :smith:

I forgot.

:negative:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Veib posted:

You haven't been reading the Steam thread have you

Multiple goons have gotten their accounts hijacked over the past idk maybe six months or so because they used their 2FA on a fake Steam page, which then uses that information to immediately log in on the account

lmao

Also LastPass works just fine.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Social Animal posted:

By self host you mean just putting the password file onto Dropbox or something? That doesn’t seem too bad.

no its much nerdier than that

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
coolguye I'm sorry that I said it was neckbeardy to host your own server with all of your encrypted passwords, and that it might be difficult for less talented computer touchers to do, and that the bitwarden hosting is probably fine, or whatever you're mad about, it's my bad

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
let’s not have the conversation because it’s not about free games and someone saying it’s ok to use bitesrden’s cloud server storage didn’t harm you in any way. Even if they gently suggested it’s nerdy not to do that.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1393059884480942080?s=21

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I took The Witness. Thank you!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

FFT posted:

it's space invaders and it's not even free

There was a disclaimer and everything.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

FFT posted:

At no point in that disclaimer did it mention "also it costs money"

oh I didn’t read it

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
This will be the first sports game I've owned since the SNES.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

everyone is still salty as hell because I made fun of all the dumbfucks in this thread who were gonna watch some 2 hour livestream in order to get a fee game code.

and I was right—they all deserved to be shamed into oblivion, because the company posted a link to the game for anyone who wanted it afterwards.

Somehow, in this thread of all threads, this is the most pathetic post that will ever occur.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

lol keep on postin about how "not salty" you are and how it just doesn't bother you. sorry you lost 2 hours of your life watchin that dumb vid for a "free" game.

lol that’s definitely what’s happening. Good job.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I feel like that might be fairly realistic for a Mars colony

Yeah they’re just simulating the functional brain capacity of anyone who lives on Musk’s Mars.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The hate for Epic is as crazy as the early hate for Steam. Definitely complain about multiple stores, but it's not a Chinese super spy program, it's a mediocre web store for video games.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Fenix Alheron posted:

It's a game where you run around an open area, collecting items that individually do not do much, but when combined allow you to progress further in the game. You fight giant bosses that require you to memorize attack patterns and only attack when the boss is most vulnerable.

Dark Souls is a collectathon platformer, in the vein of Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie.

:hmmyes:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I'm just so mad about epic games!!!!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

leper khan posted:

Because you don't like the level design no one who worked on it has any talent? Lol

yes

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I'd love Tyranny since that other poster doesn't want it.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Gun Jam posted:

Alright, since Mescal's not answering...

You still on?

hey, give it to the other poster who asked, I actually noticed I got it for free on Epic forever ago.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

:toot:

Sorry I didn't realize at first!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

elf help book posted:

I feel comfort when reading a gamefaq and realizing the author mixed up left and right

STAGE left!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

I'm not proud of this, but I have a Steam Link (and a Steam controller) that I bought on one of those ridiculous 90% off annual sales and I've never used the link. I never really understood what it was for.

You play your steam library on your TV, my wife and I switched off playing Oxygen Not Included and a few others hanging out and chatting while we played. It was a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Quill posted:

inexperienced players (read: goons).

ah, its a sex game.