Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I just want to say the first Yooka-Laylee is probably one of the worst games I ever played. It completely misses the point of old school 3D platformers. I love how their take on it was well that’s how collectathons were despite everything about Y-L being half assed.

I’m not surprised 2 didn’t sell any units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

leper khan posted:

It was made by some of the people behind banjo kazooie, too!

Clearly not a single person with any talent.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Enough talk about platformers, what’s everyone’s opinion on next weeks freebie, Cristales? It looks like it could be a super good jrpg.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I got Madden 22 for Origin which I have no interest in. If anyone else wants it, feel free.

HBH9-LRBQ-7KJJ-D2VU-ZQGE

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Looks like Postal 2 isn't available in Australia, thanks scomo.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
You guise live in houses?

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the plan as i understand it is that "DF classic" will continue to release and keep pace with the paid steam version, just without the fancy new art and music

That’s nuts. Kudos on them for doing both versions concurrently.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

The Kins posted:

Yeah, the next free/classic release will come out probably alongside the next Steam release once the ASCII mode is fixed up, it'll basically be the Steam version but locked to ASCII graphics and with the old "Tarn noodling on guitar" soundtrack, meaning free players will get the nice new mouse controls. After that, updates for the free and Steam versions should be pretty much in-sync.

Does this mean the ascii version will have the nice new menu system and actual UI?

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Sure does on my VA panel.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Epic Games bought Microsoft with their fortnite money.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I really enjoyed the old Home World games, I wonder how the remaster holds up? I guess I’ll never find out.

Kaewan fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 28, 2023

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Oh no, it’s over? Hopefully not before the Christmas giveaways.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
It’s pretty cool to see people doing screen mods on the steam deck. Would love to see an oled solution down the line. Or VRR for that matter.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I could see the eye strain thing being an issue. I have problems myself with monitors with odd subpixel arrangements, when it comes to staring at too much text at least. I really enjoy a good hdr implementation that comes with oled and think it’s more impressive than raytracing at the moment.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Is Earthlock not in Aus? :(

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I hope we get *checks list* immortals of avernum and/ or forspoken as a Christmas freebie.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

JustJeff88 posted:

I knew that Minecraf was bad news when I realised what a piece of poo poo Notch was. He's the only Swedish person I've ever hated.

What did Notch do? I haven’t kept up with minecraft since it first went “infinite.”

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Oh boy. What a tool.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

Hogama posted:

This timeline completely ignores that Snoop Dogg invited him over to hang out when he was newly moved in and he dodged it.

It was because Snoop’s black, wasn’t it?

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I keep getting a no licenses error. I guess it’s used up?

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I got a key for fo1 which I don't need for gog galaxy, whatever that is.

M8ARB99BA20C86344B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Fallout 76 for Xbox
7GPTHFVR9MR4HW23Q46K43T3Z