Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

doctorfrog posted:

I remember being a kid playing F-1 Race on the Game Boy and coming the slow realization that I was moving a completely still sprite across the screen while a road movement animation played out according to my position on the minimap.

In the days before gameboys, there were toys like that. The little car didn’t move, but the scrolling roadway did. Good fun, i remember there being ti83 games like that, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Qylvaran posted:

I just got it. I got an error after the redirect to login, but after that I was able to click the original link and have it work. I'm in the US.

I get that error like 9 times out of 10 on steam's site after logging in; going back to the original page and clicking add again always works.
f.e.: The error's something like 'invalid link.' I suppose their redirect chokes on something after logging in.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I wonder how serious they are about this part:

"As part of our Play At Home campaign, you can download and keep this game for free. Download before 22 April 20:00 PDT."

Not having a ps4 and trying to get a ps5 seems slightly more inconvenient, in a relatively insignificant way.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

There's a difference between adding something to your library and actually downloading it.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/horizon-zero-dawn/

And there's the link, because finding things on the store is a pain, and it doesn't seem to be in the play at home section (yet?) I assume it'll change the region for you automatically, if you're not in the US.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Here's the us link, works fine now.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

As it turns out "update your location" means "go to the right country." Still had to actually find the game though, doesn't seem to be any indication it's free unless you go to its page.

A+ design.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

repiv posted:

Breathedge and Poker Club are up on EGS

3 next week, Against All Odds, Horizon Chase Turbo, and Kao the Kangaroo

Don't forget your free hat dlc

quote:

Thank you for playing Poker Club! This free bundle includes 100,000 chips and a unique chicken hat.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

if you search for it in steam instead of just clicking the link it works fine.

I guess somehow the link is hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Hrm, I found a fan page, but best it did was talk about them being models and the youngest being the smart one.

Read more carefully, you can sort out which one is which from just that page. The whole game is about separating the wheat from the chaff (moreso than the game necessarily has to, since it obviously isn't going to just present you with tens of webpages rather than summarize the results of your search).

The missing name needs further searching, though.

It's a fun enough game, but there's still a degree of stumbling around searching for things until you find the right thing to let you search for something else.