Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Ubisoft has Splinter Cell Chaos Theory free until 11/25 at 2am. So like, today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Maybe the DM ruled it an investigation roll

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

So I tried installing and playing Wolfenstein finally, but the drat thing just crashes straight to desktop constantly. Only thing I saw for a fix was "hey, try limiting FPS to 60" so I did, and it seemed like it worked, and then it didn't, soooooooooooooooooo... Anyone got any tips on that one?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

I can't stand the videofication of the internet.

Would you say that video killed the FAQ stars?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Gloomhaven primer that you may or may not know:
You don't HAVE to burn cards, or use the actions it says. You always have a generic 2 melee attack or 2 move you can use instead
You can just move onto a hex and pick up anything on it at the end of your turn. You don't HAVE to take the Loot action

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Yeah, the "no purchase necessary" here (and on other contests like McDonald's Monopoly or whatever) is because otherwise it would be considered gambling, legally, and open up a whole other can of worms.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

God I can't wait to not play all these free games

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

F.I.S.T. from today's epic freebies is pretty neat

It seems to have more story focus than I'd expect from a metroidvania but maybe that's just the intro. Now I'm airdashing around, throwing baddies into other baddies, and beating an old racooon kung fu master's combo trials to convince him to teach me new moves so i can grow powerful enough to steal The Drill from the cops. (I don't know what the drill is.)

I watched the video on the store page and if I had to guess... it's a literal drill, mate. Like you see on the front of this thing:

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

The humor in Breathedge gives me the vibe of Portal, but with less charm

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Minecraft isn't even a free game! This is free DLC! I still gotta pay for the drat game!

Does this mean I'm allowed to play it, or no?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Rexxed posted:

Oh yeah I'm not going to be using this key since I had it:

Driftland

Q98QZ-A03D4-**YGX

* =

They are still doing it, and it seems like it worked, so thanks, Rexxed! Code claimed. Looking forward to a weird Civ of Empires

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Teledahn posted:

Here, play a browser based detective game.

https://jjohnstongames.itch.io/the-roottrees-are-dead

It's free. Pretty good.

Post free games.

Binged this over the course of the afternoon, really well done. If thread readers like Return of the Obra Dinn, this scratches a similar itch

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Completely missed that apparently. I blew past all that stuff today though and I'm down to 44/50 if I recall, and I'm fairly certain I already fixed one of them. Hitting a little bit of a wall with some things, but I have thoughts on how to proceed. Just spent far too much time messing with this today.

The flyer you get is pretty helpful, improbably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

TuxedoOrca posted:

Sometimes you even play them.

And ruin a mint in-sleeve edition of my free game?!