Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Samuringa posted:

Steam already opens most games from other platforms without needing their apps to be running which makes this whole GoG 2.0 weirder to me.

Steam doesn't automatically scan for what games you own though. I just wish you could use it to tell your PS4 to download a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

SlothfulCobra posted:

This is the world we live in. It's just what happens with the sheer effort being put into taking an already popular series and advertising it further so that it'll be stuck further into everybody's brain.

There is no escape.

E coli outbreaks brought to you by Star Wars.

-edit wait this isn't the dumb marketing thread, didn't mean to continue a derail.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 18, 2020

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

The Kins posted:

Looks like some game called Silence has landed in the Twitch Prime Loot Hole. I don't know what it is.

Silence is a sequel to the terrible adventure game, The Whispered World.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

THE BAR posted:

You guys didn't like The Whispered World? I thought it was a charming little thing. Had some fine voice acting in places.

It was mostly tolerable, not too terrible, but then it had the ending that almost always ruins a work for me with the whole it was all a dream thing. There was some foreshadowing that was the case, but I still had hope it wouldn't end like that.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

posting here in case anyone has a solution:

EGS is down and I can't even launch GTA manually via .exe.

is there somewhere else I can launch the game and skip the online stuff entirely?

I think you might be able to do it through the Rockstar launcher. I'm not sure if you can use it if you own it through Epic Games Store though.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Ark is like 275gb download lmao

How in the world does that happen? Its graphics are kind of lovely looking, so its not like they have super high resolution models or something like that. They must not be compressing anything.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

baka kaba posted:

Their free games page is some broken rear end bare HTML looking thing with a scrollbar across the middle of the window and images that half load and disappear when you scroll. And that's when there isn't even a free game available! Not too surprised to hear they're collapsing under a big multimedia event giveaway

the stream thing says you only need to watch 1 minute to get the Watches Dog reward, although you can stick around for... a DLC jacket? So yeah it might get a bit quieter once people start dropping off (unless the reward doesn't visibly trigger, I mean that's probably not gonna happen right??)

They said that you'll only get watchdogs 2 the next day.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

baka kaba posted:

cmon buddy it's not that complicated, it's like if there's a deals thread and someone posts AIR IS FREE WHAT A DEAL then yeah air is very good but it's probably not why people are watching a thread about deals, y'know?

Wait, since when is air free?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

site posted:

Epic should give away control so more people will play it

Well, its going to be on Steam soon, so I imagine that will be a huge sales boost.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

You can get F1 2018 for free on Humble Bundle right now https://www.humblebundle.com/store/f1-2018-free-game

-edit lol, chill out thread, I missed one post somebody made.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 8, 2020

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Don't give Activision any money. Its not even the same Blizzard that made Diablo, so you are essentially paying for the name. I know people suck at actually boycotting stuff, but maybe it'd be more effective if people didn't always use that as excuse not to do it.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Davedave24 posted:

thank christ, I'm one of the people who had terrible problems with installs and uninstalls messing up constantly, I'd love to subscribe again if this fixes all that poo poo

Yeah, Its currently not worth the effort of dealing with a folder that requires jumping through a bunch of hoops to do anything with.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Jelly posted:

Does it matter what Yakuza you start on?

0, or 7 are the best games to start on, and 4 is also an ok starting point. Even being a remake, Kiwami still shows its age a little bit, but is still good.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

So amazon prime has basically given out every lucasart's adventure game for free at this point right? Except the really old EGA era only stuff. I would check myself, but Amazon makes it a pain to check your game list without their app installed.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Flight of Amazon Queen is also alright even if the end area is way too large.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Aside from some very specific circumstances, writing down a password doesn't really make things less secure. The vast majority of computer security breaches are done remotely, so having everyone's password on a sticky note stuck to their monitor wouldn't affect anything.

Also if a person has physical access to your computer there are a whole bunch of things they can do to compromise it.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I just use firefox's locally stored password manager, and have one password I actually know. If for whatever reason, something goes wrong with it, I can use my email to restore the other passwords even though it would be a pain in the butt.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Escape Goat posted:

Did rogue squadron get a remaster, or am I thinking of pod racer

Rogue Squadron was going to get a remake but it got cancelled. Pod Racer did get a very basic remaster.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Fuzz posted:

It's because the bulk of us were teens or 20-somethings when KotOR came out, and the majority reaction was, "UGH why does this guy keep whining about his dead wife and kid, just shutup already," and Kaidan was the same VA so CLEARLY they were the same character and also the other option had tits (even though she was racist) so...

Yes, that's really the reason. Incidentally, Carth is actually also the most normal companion in KotOR other than Jolee. He's understandably sad and shaken up about his dead family, but was given a job and is seeing it through. The bulk of the gamer audience was just immature and emotionally stunted morons, so all that stuff seemed dumb and boring, so Bioware stopped writing those types of characters because they weren't popular.

Gamers really are the worst.

Sorry, but its hilarious when you go dark side and Carth runs into the forest crying about it.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Humble Bundle was the only mystery game thing that ever had actually good games, and that ended when they got bought.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I just wish GOG didn't trigger a credit card fraud alert so easily.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

The enemies are massive bullet sponges, and the open world stuff is just tedious. Its one of the rare games I got a steam refund for.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

The Kins posted:

It's publicly documented that Epic is currently in a money-losing position, even with the money hose that is Fortnite, due to how much they threw at their store to reach for the impossible dream of a 50% grip on the PC gaming market. Hence their laying like 900 people off and selling off Bandcamp a couple of months ago.

Imagine if they actually spent that money on improving the platform instead of trying to force people to use it by making games exclusive.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

The General posted:

IIRC the timeline is something like Notch makes a cool billion or two, gives his only friends the finger on his way out instead of sharing any of the fortune they helped him gain. Then started being a turd online to stay relevant.

Now he lives friendless and alone eating stale candy.

Don't forget that his girlfriend who left him before Minecraft blew up, came back to him when it did, married him, and then divorced him shortly afterwards.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I spent one dollar to play it on gamepass and I felt like I paid too much for it. Its just awful. The writing is terrible and the combat is boring. The only thing I liked about it is this one character https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEqtLsPdK_o.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

aniviron posted:

Have to respect a game with the balls to the whataboutisms and take a Both Sides approach to rampant capital rendering a planet literally uninhabitable. Sure, the corporation is killing everyone, but they're job creators!

See that's the thing, it had some really blatant strawmans for capitalism, but also seemed to want the player to take the choices seriously. It didn't know what it wanted.