Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
One the reverse side of things, every game that the Epic store is giving away for free I already bought on steam quite some time ago. Can't be helped I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I'm suprised mutant: year zero is on there, I don't remember it releasing that long ago. Maybe it didn't sell all that well?

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I bought Anodyne 2 on Steam a short while back, its got this sorta Janky outsider indie feel to it. The story is pretty good and the gameplay is decent enough.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
It looks like some kind of watered down version of spacestaion 13, possibly designed to capitilize on the success of Traitor in Terrorist Town. I don't see anything that suggests that it's pay to win.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Dang, better snap it up before 2030. Also, don't forget to grab "Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator" on Steam, I don't know when the offer for that ends.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I think you need an account, but you don't need an online subscription.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Kinda like with amazon and it's amazon prime trials, it sounds like they expect people to forget they are subscribed so they unintentionally pay for it again later.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I've seen gameplay footage before and Tharsis looks miserable, everything is literally just a dice roll and none of your descisions really matter because it's all down to luck.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
They gave it away at christmas less than three months after they released it. I don't think it speaks well of it's quality.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
All of the previously owned copies of Saints Row 4 has also been upgraded to the re-elected edition on Steam with cross-play added too.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Really, back to the weekly free games? Are they ever going to nut up and become a real store?

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
This may be related to the new "Gunhead" game that's coming out in the 8th of November that was also featured as part of Steam's Demo fest: https://store.steampowered.com/app/704000/GUNHEAD/

They both take place in the same universe with the same characters and have similar gameplay devices, though how the two connect I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

Hogama posted:

https://twitter.com/owendeery/status/1765032553147245010
As of the time of this posting, you can still buy the game (no discount) on the digital stores, but the free download page is already up.

I dunno why, but I actually bought this a while ago, it's a bit odd, but decent.