Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Someone claimed this without posting. Should have guessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Paid platform-exclusives are anti-customer. Trying to normalize 'less than 30% cut for platforms' but they're being such dicks about it I am disinclined to use their service. Their attempts to grow market share by attacking their competition, fraudulent press efforts and questionable legal challenges instead of providing superior services and value is just so gross.

Ugh I don't even like thinking about them.

On the subject of free games: Oona and the druid's path is free on steam. Appears to be a project by a Spanish game dev college, or similar? Has some excellent art styling, and is a non-violent nature themed platformer. Currently alpha but worth looking at.

E:

Trickyblackjack posted:

Everyone shut up forever about EGS please. You have another thread to post your screeds.

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 6, 2021

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

ZombyDog posted:

I'd love a G-Police remake

FFT posted:

Future Cop: LAPD

Somehow I have never met anyone else who knew of these games. Great to be reminded of them.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Anyone want a free month of Game Pass Ultimate? (I know this is easily had for the netsavvy)

Microsoft.com/redeem

GK8J7-5K2Y3-33XHH-W3J6V-HHJYZ

I subtracted 1 from all the numerals. For some reason.

E: Been snagged

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 1, 2023

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Kind of tempted to play Breathedge now that it's free. The general consensus I saw was that it's lovely Subnautica in space and there's a character named Dr. Libtard somewhere which sure isn't promising.

It's really better if you don't. The consensus is wrong. (in that's much much much worse) I regret experiencing that game.

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 30, 2023

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Here, play a browser based detective game.

https://jjohnstongames.itch.io/the-roottrees-are-dead

It's free. Pretty good.

Post free games.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

timp posted:

Yeah, and it also uses royalty-free Kevin MacLeod music. It was made by one guy and he’s letting you play it for free.

JazzFlight posted:

For anyone that cares, this game uses AI art. Not really a fan.

Single person dev teams releasing fun games for free sounds like perhaps the ideal use of AI art.

If it was commercial, perhaps as starting placeholders but no way in a finished product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

Outer Worlds is an awesome game. If you haven't played it yet, you should get it.

Are you thinking of 'Outer Wilds' which is indeed excellent, in many people's top 10 ever, or are you thinking of 'The Outer Worlds' which is certainly an actual game with impactful real story, some characters, and presumed gameplay? Only one of them has 'The' in the title, and only one of them is exceptionally good.