Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Epic is giving away Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City and Arkham Knight and Lego Batman 1+2+3 :pcgaming:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/collection/batman-free-week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Epics Batman giveaway has been expanded - originally it only included the basic version of Arkham Knight, but now they're including the full season pass as well. People who already claimed it should get the DLCs automatically.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

SOMA and Costume Quest are free on Epic

Next freebies will be Nuclear Throne and Ruiner

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Nuclear Throne and RUINER are free on Epic now

The next freebie will be The Messenger

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

It gave me an extra giftable copy of Frozen Synapse Prime for some reason, if anyone misses the GMG thing just PM me your email and I'll send it.

edit: claimed

repiv fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 22, 2019

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Bad North is free on EGS, never heard of it

Rayman Legends will be the next freebie

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The Escapists is free on EGS now

They're not showing the next freebie :iiam:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Nope this one is a week, and it says to check back for more free games on the 19th. They're just not saying what the game(s) will be in advance this time.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

EGS is giving away a different game every day for the next 12 days, and today it's Into The Breach

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Reminder to claim SUPERHOT today

Not sure which game they're teasing for tomorrow:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The Firewatch logo is a shield though, not a match (also the IP is now owned by Valve who probably aren't keen to work with Epic lol)

Little Inferno is another possibility

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Today's freebie is Ape Out

Tomorrow is :shrug:

A mountain makes me think Celeste but they already gave that away.

edit: yeah it's celeste, the shape is identical. this is the first time they've repeated a game then

repiv fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 23, 2019

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Today is a second chance to get Celeste, which you should because it owns

I think tomorrow's game is Totally Accurate Battle Simulator

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Your christmas present is Totally Accurate Battle Simulator

Tomorrow appears to be FTL

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I'm conflicted on Epic paying for exclusives, on one hand it's blocking competition but on the other hand what competition is there when Steam is a de-facto monopoly that 99% of PC gamers will default to no matter what, even if the game is cheaper on another launcher, or available DRM-free on GOG, or the Steam version is just a shim that launches another launcher to launch the game (e.g. Ubisoft games).

Steam is simply too entrenched for a new store to get any traction naturally, even if a store launched with 1:1 feature parity to Steam people still wouldn't use it because their existing library is on Steam, their friends are on Steam, the Steam workshop has more content, the Steam discussion boards and guides are more populated, etc, etc. Throwing money around like Epic and Microsoft are with gamepass is the only way they're going to get their foot in the door and maybe get some organic non-subsidised traffic once people have been coaxed into installing their launcher and making an account by all the subsidised stuff.

Epic does need to dump more resources into actually improving their launcher though. I can live without most of the stuff Steam has but come on, at least add achievement tracking :effort:

repiv fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 25, 2019

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Remember when Reddit made a huge deal about EGS :kingsley: reading system root certificates :kingsley: as if that's not something that literally any browser or app that otherwise loads web pages has to do lol

EGS doesn't have a perfect track record (pulling friends into from Steam was questionable) but people are loving desperate to smear it to the point of spouting absolute nonsense

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Donkringel posted:

What do you all think the final free epic game will be?

the most epic game of all

fortnite

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Zesty posted:

Epic is absolutely competing with Steam. They’re literally undercutting them and doing deals to keep games off of Steam. If you don’t think there’s competition you are coming so far out of left field I don’t even know where a conversation with you can go.

that's bad competition, good competition is where consumers have a choice but network effects cause them to all choose the same option

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Today you can get Hyper Light Drifter for free on sweeney todds epic shop

I don't recognise the next game but people are saying it's probably Shadow Tactics

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Today's EGS freebie is Shadow Tactics

Tomorrow looks like The Talos Principle

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Stickman posted:

Apparently there's a leaked EGS game list on reddit that's been accurate so far. Besides tomorrow's Talos Principle the remaining games are

The two games they repeated from previous giveaways (Celeste and Hyper Light Drifter) weren't on the leaked list though, so I wonder if two of those games pulled out and the repeats were a last minute replacement.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Coolguye posted:

the difference is whether or not the developer has made a mac port natively or if they are using Steam Play to make it happen. shadow tactics does not have a native mac build and only runs on mac because steam's tools make it easy.

Shadow Tactics is on the Mac App Store though, surely that's a native port?

My guess is they might have outsourced the Mac port to another company and there's complications with licensing it.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://steamcharts.com/app/846870

it bombed pretty hard

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

OgNar posted:

Looks like Darksiders 2 and Steep for tomorrow.

worth noting that these are weekly giveaways, not part of the 12 days event

some people assumed the 12 days would be the last freebies but apparently not

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Darksiders 1 & 2 (the remastered versions) and Steep are free on EGS now

We're back to weekly giveaways now, these are available until the 9th

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

PCGW says they are DRM free

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Darksiders_Warmastered_Edition#Availability
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Darksiders_II:_Deathinitive_Edition#Availability

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

EGS updated to show that For The King is the next giveaway so don't buy that in the next week. Never heard of it but the reviews look decent.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

tight aspirations posted:

Epic have apparently replaced For The King with Sundered: Eldritch Edition as the Thursday freebie.

Specifically For The King is delayed, they're still going to give it away at some point.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Sundered: Eldritch Edition is now up for grabs on EGS

Next week's game will be Horace

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

~50 more freebies to come

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1217099878389747714

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

flatluigi posted:

do you have a source for that in the slightest because by all accounts I'm seeing it's still ridiculously popular and profitable

it's losing steam in the sense that it made $2.4 billion in 2018 and "only" $1.8 billion in 2019 :v:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Horace is free on EGS this week

Next week will be The Bridge

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Carcassonne and Ticket to Ride are free on EGS, but the previously announced Pandemic isn't. Not sure what happened there.

Next week's games will be Kingdom Come Deliverance and Aztez.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Asscreed Syndicate and Faeria are up for free on EGS now

Next weeks game will be InnerSpace

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

GoNNER and Offworld Trading Company are free on EGS now

Next week will be Mutazione, Anodyne 2 and A Short Hike

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Mutazione and Anodyne 2 and A Short Hike are free on EGS this week

Next week will be The Stanley Parable and Watch Dogs

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1239509733956096000

Dicey Dungeons was limited to 1000 free copies and they're already gone, but VVVVVV is still free and worth playing.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The Stanley Parable and Watch Dogs are free on EGS this week

Figment and Tormentor x Punisher are next weeks games

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Child of Light will be free to keep on Uplay from the 24th to the 28th

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/3XYmfeAgc2EurDptkfTia7/play-child-of-light-and-other-ubisoft-games-free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Available now: https://store.ubi.com/uk/child-of-light/57062ebf88a7e316728b4612.html