Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
This list looks current: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games

Also if you have the Xbox app on your PC (and if you don't please tell me your secret because I couldn't get rid of the drat thing) you can view and download the game pass games from in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There are also plenty of human lurkers who read the forum without ever posting (or having an account).

Very rude behaviour if so. They should post with honour

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I didn't pay attention to Shenmue so I didn't know it had story DLC. Is it "during the game" stuff, or separate adventures like those Far Cry DLC set on Mars or whatever

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Lol that the best way to see how many games you own on epic is to link it to another store. Gog galaxy is cool tho

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I hadn't noticed before, but it really doesn't give you a number for each individual platform. That's weird, I wonder why

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Pathfinder Kingmaker confirmed for free. Was the leak that said that would be free the same one that said Prey would be?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

How's the DLC? Some of it sounds like it isn't really integrated with the base game, like a small additional adventure rather than part of a playthrough

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I kind of assumed part of the incentive to give a game away was to encourage people to buy the DLC and boost the attach rate a bit. Considering how acclaimed both the game and expansion were it's insane to make the whole package free! Not that I'm complaining

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I was excited for a second that they might actually give away Star Wars Battlefront 2, then I realised the game in question was the identically-named game from 2017, and not the good one

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I got it. Thank you! I've been curious about this game

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Yeah except it's not actually working.

best of both worlds

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

It helps that a fair few of them are base editions of games that basically live off of DLC

I got Just Cause 4 free and I don't even know if the available DLC would work for it because it's all for the "reloaded edition" or something

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Stux posted:

this. as w ew know from all of history its ALWAYS epic (parodn the pun ) win when one big company overtakes another. this has never made things worse in all hisotyr. lets go epic!!! ganbatte sweeny-kun!!!

I doubt anyone is getting within a million miles of overtaking steam any time soon

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

That was Morkredd I think. I only played a little of that but it was interesting

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I've definitely met at least one person who named their kid King

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Donkringel posted:

So does that mean if I get the base game for free and buy the DLC, I can play the game?

*recoils at the word "buy" as if encountering unshielded radioactive material*

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I played that game a bunch when I was a teenager! I've been wanting to play it again recently, so this is terrible news.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

The DLC isn't good as something you buy for $15 but it's ok as far as actual content. It's just about the same level of quality as the rest of the game except a bit buggier, which is a disappointment as Obsidian's DLC/expansions tend to improve on the base game a fair bit

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I am both glad and sad that I missed the opportunity to get a free copy of Dragon's Dogma so I could spend yet another 75 hours running through Bitterblack Isle to unlock The Ultimate Dagger

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

It was free on PS4, that and a few other games in mid 2020 or so. Wait they raised the price?!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

It was the complete edition with the DLC as well. Very generous! Naturally I have not bothered to play it for even a single second

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

With smaller indie games there's no real reason not to, I could be struck by a sudden desire to play Devil Daggers or Downwell at any moment

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Does using gog galaxy benefit CDPR? It's not like I'm paying for it, except possibly in personal data

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

They asked Elon Musk if he was assuming their gender

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

It didn't bomb. It sold like 20 million copies

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I decided to give Playnite a try after it got some praise in this thread, and my official review is: where has this been all my life! You can even add Dolphin games. Axelay and Astebreed right next to each other! Lost Kingdoms and Elden ring just a mousewheel apart!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I think the point of a lawn is to have something that you need to constantly pour effort into to make it look even barely acceptable. It's a badge of I guess being able to spare that effort

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

flatluigi posted:

yeah it doesn't happen too often these days but i've definitely gone 'okay i must be missing something, let me look up to see what the trick is' and found out that either there is no trick to it or nobody else has found it either

I remember fighting the Skulls in MGSV and thinking "I must be missing something, they seem to be just sacks of hit points that aren't weak against anything" and going online to look for pro strats and all I found was people complaining that the Skulls are just sacks of hit points that aren't weak against anything

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I had fun reading the description of that Destiny 2 add-on and trying to figure out which things in it were meant to be worth $30

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

The ubisoft connect app is so poo poo lol. I claimed AC Origins and thought "ok let's see what kind of DLC this thing has" so I selected the "my games" link in the app and selected AC Origins, and looked for a way to view the avaliable DLC. There was none. But there was a link that said "Store" so I thought "I guess it makes sense that the DLC would be there" and opened that link, and it was completely blank. As far as I can tell I'd have to go to the web store to look at the DLC. I thought they'd design the app to be constantly pushing the DLC in your face to try and get you to buy it instead of trying to pretend it doesn't exist!!!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

They've done the odd free weekend but you've still gotta buy in. I guess my oft-repeated statement of "I'd probably play it for free" is about to be tested

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I nabbed Baldur's Gate, I have been meaning to get into that for a long while. Thank you!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Huh, I'll probably be able to play Tale Of Two Wastelands without growing a peg leg

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Obligatory link to this mod guide: https://vivanewvegas.github.io/

Following the guide up to "utilities" or maybe "bug fixes" is a quick and easy recipe for hours of stable New Vegas gaming

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

There seems to be some argument over whether the EGS version of Fallout 3 can be modded and/or used for TTW. gg bethesda!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

If anyone feels like playing Facility 47 and doesn't have prime, try this code out:

IYHVC-OMUAH-JVKJ0

Wish I'd remembered I could just give away the keys before reflexively claiming New Vegas on a different store than the one where I previously bought it :ughh:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I assume it was part of their Made In Poland sale, which doesn't seem to feature discounts for Witcher 1 or 2.

I got Witcher 1 and 3 in previous giveaways so even though 2 is frequently on sale for $3 I'm holding out for it to be free to complete the set. It's my white whale!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Yes, but you had expectations based on paying for it. When I get a copy of the game for free, I'm sure I will never play the campaign

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Oh hey, I played a bit of that on gamepass last year, it had some nice visuals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Christ guys, it's Christmas. Give us at least one banger!