Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Planescape: HWTWT-9JZRV-XECL7
Icewind: I7A7D-977WQ-2RLRZ
BG1: DZT75-QYBLH-DGIM0
Siege of Dragonspear: AVKKH-LY6TQ-7K0FX
Faces of Good and Evil: DF4RZ-GB4MW-F2ZGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Q_res posted:

I'm going to suggest Dorfromantik

https://www.gog.com/en/game/dorfromantik

It's a super chill game, it's hex-based and you just lay down terrain tiles and you can try to minmax and do everything optimally, but you don't have to. Eventually you'll get to a point where you can't expand any more and the game ends. You get a high score and can start over. It even has a Creative mode where you get unlimited tiles and can just go ham.
Is this literally just Carcassonne?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Looks like the giveaway ended?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

site posted:

i dunno. i switched to edge (from Firefox) and didn't get any captcha. i guess epic really doesn't like ublock and noscript even though i had it whitelisted :shrug:
I use Firefox with uBlock and NoScript and only very rarely get captchas on EGS. I only whitelist the bare minimum to get a site working correctly in NoScript and nothing at all in uBlock if I can help it.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Rinkles posted:

How much does coffee cost now?
At the convenience store I work at, $2.02 - $2.44.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

LividLiquid posted:

Does it suck? I've heard a lot of good things.
I don't know what OP is on about, I love mine and haven't played a game on my PC since I bought it. Best gaming purchase I've made since the Switch.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Yeah I think portability is thrown around too casually for the Deck. The thing is massive. I'm a GPD toucher and like my clamshells. Even the WM2 is just more easily portable than a deck. Not nearly as ergonomic, though....
The Deck is noticeably bigger than the Switch, yes, but it's in the same weight class in portability imo. It's not something you can just stick in your pocket like Nintendo's pre-Switch portables, but it'll fit in basically any laptop bag. It's less of a "play anywhere" console and more of a "take with you on trips" or "play PC games in bed" console.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Except the Deck's controllers don't feel like you're going to break them off the rails at the slightest twist. You're not with the Split Pad Pro, but it feels like you are a lot of the time.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Bottom Liner posted:

Donkey Kong (1981)
Donkey Kong Jr. (1982)
Donkey Kong 3 (1983)
Donkey Kong: Jungle Fever (2005)
Donkey Kong: Banana Kingdom (2006)
Donkey Kong (1983)
Donkey Kong Jr. (1983)
Donkey Kong Jr. Math (1983)
Donkey Kong 3 (1984)
Donkey Kong Classics (1988)
Donkey Kong Country (1994)
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1995)
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (1996)

Do NOT repost this anywhere and if you do do not quote me.
Got it. :ssh:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

JustJeff88 posted:

I would like to add that Epic is fully integrated in GOG Galaxy. This should be more widely known.

They did? I genuinely didn't notice, and I don't know how to feel about that.
Yeah, there's a cart now. I've only ever used it to claim multiple free games at the same time, but it's there.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

GOG does what Epican't.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ZeusCannon posted:

Ah shame its 1 again. I would really like to play through 2
GOG copy of 2 is free on Twitchazon Prime.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah if you have an Amazon Prime subscription and a Twitch account, you can link them and then claim the game from Twitch (and presumably the Prime Gaming website). You get a code that you can then input over in the GOG storefront (or the GOG Galaxy launcher under Add games & friends > Redeem GOG code) which will add the game to your GOG account.

Still haven't figured out how to claim the free Twitchazon Prime games that go through the Games With Prime thing, I think you need to make another account to do that.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

The last Civilization game I played any real amount of was Civ 2, and the last 4X game I played was Alpha Centauri.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I just want to make sure I've got this straight, because I'm kinda confused what people are arguing about.
  • Vampire Survivors is now on mobile devices.
  • VS on mobile devices is free.
  • The game is ad-supported.
  • The ads are opt-in.
  • Watching the ads gives a minor in game bonus.
  • Goons itt, the Free Games Thread, are mad that they cannot pay money to remove ads that they don't have to watch from a game that they don't have to pay for (?)
Like, as presented this seems like one of the most benign possible monetization schemes for a video game possible. "Here's a free video game, you can watch ads if you want to have some free stuff in the free video game. Or you could not watch ads and play the free video game the same way that folks who paid $3 for it do."

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Waffleman_ posted:

I tried to buy a game off of Fanatical and I had to call my bank to tell them my card hadn't been stolen
When I bought my Steam Deck, I found out the next day that my card had been frozen by my bank. Did they have a problem with the $600+ Steam Deck purchase? Nope! They were suspicious of a $10 purchase I'd made on Fanatical a month earlier!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Post/avatar combo :discourse:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Why are subtitles not on by default nowadays?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Most of them need to be run through Prime's own launcher though.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I have Rewind in my library, and I just bought DD less than a week ago when it went on sale for like $4.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

There's a free demo, but all of the full games seem to be showing up as full price for me?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

~Coxy posted:

To save you a click that Final Liberation game is some crummy 2D tactics game from 1997.
Well then I'll get it for free so I don't have to worry about playing it. :v:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Blurb3947 posted:

Note that this is not compatible with FNV on Epic Game store.
Does it work on the version from the GOG store? Because they gave it away for free too at one point, IIRC. I have it in my library both on Epic and GOG now :newlol:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, you can even mod it if you want. :v:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Pretty sure all of us can say that about at least one game. I don't even have a very large Steam library compared to most of the regular posters itt, but I know it's true for me.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I did say at least one.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Unreal_One posted:

The love letters bit is a side quest in Majora's Mask.
And IIRC you can give the love letter to a ghost to use as toilet paper.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

So congratulations, you're smarter than the average goon! :pseudo:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Zereth posted:

I use a simple rule of thumb to tell if a code is taken or not.

Was it posted more than a couple minutes ago? That poo poo is gone.
Doesn't hurt to try, though.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

You are what you... freet?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

JustJeff88 posted:

I don't know if a Steam deck will play everything that I want, but the Odin can't even keep frame rates up on a New Super Mario Wii. I'm waiting for the next SD sale, probably around Christmas.
I can't say anything specific about NSMBW, maybe it's a game Dolphin has problems with specifically, but I've tried both Wii and Wii U emulation on the Deck and even with Wii U emulation I can turn the Deck's TDP down to about half, depending upon what game I'm playing. Wii is no problem at all.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

aniviron posted:

Does anyone have the direct redeem link to GOG handy? I can't seem to find it and everything on the GOG page loads fine for me except for the button which lets me redeem the game; that is stuck as three endless loading pips.
I seem to be too late to help this time, but here's the direct claim page for future reference.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

OgNar posted:

Its a promotion they do where you have to have owned a game from them first and then gotten each game in the previous days.
You can still get in on the rest of the free games if you own the games that have been given out.
Which they discount after.
https://twitter.com/NoGravity_Games/status/1715032135701029178

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

OgNar posted:

Though you did still give Lowtax your credit card number.
Not like he's going to be doing anything with it these days.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

FFT posted:

It turns out I had a similar experience with Syndicate, because I guess it was free on Epic back in February 2020 and it started me right back up at where I got bored/distracted, near the end of the first mission before getting to London lmao

(Then I played through 'til running into Charles Dickens in the road and went "ugh" and stopped playing again)
If you meet Charles Dickens in the road, kill him.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Weavered posted:

Too long for a thread title?
Free Games: The best idle game: idling in the Epic store for free games

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

If a corporation is doing something that seems nice, they're probably complying with some European law requiring them to be not complete poo poo.

Thanks, Europe! :)

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Waffleman_ posted:

Minecraft isn't even a free game! This is free DLC! I still gotta pay for the drat game!
Post/user text combo.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Celeste 64 is free on itch.io.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

RPGMaker was always paid software, it's just that older versions didn't get official translations, so the "free" versions you'd see circulating were :filez: copies with fan translations.