Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

John Murdoch posted:

Not really. If anything the quality went up.

Disagree. There were more triple A games, but those were and are hardly staples of quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
lol im talking even earlier than that. Fuckinnn medal of honour was one of the first games i got post buyout and i literally cant believe anyone would pay for that railshooter trash. The buyout represents the moment humble bundle went from indie games with at least some semblance of soul, to just making GBS threads out a single publisher's worst mistakes all for the low low cost of 20£!!!!

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 13, 2023

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

TGLT posted:

No one is blaming Humble Bundle for Medal of Honor being poo poo, they're saying bundle quality went down and now includes a fair bit of triple A trash instead of just indie games that might at least be interesting if bad.

yep

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
I mean i just checked and this entire thread is viewable without an account so, who knows the people taking codes might not even have an account to say thanks

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

ilitarist posted:

KB is a great series. There are several sequels that are more or less standalone expansions, KB: Crossworlds (an expanded rerelease of KB: Armored Princrss) seems to be regarded best, but they're all pretty similar. It's like Heroes of Might & Magic or Disciples or Songs of Conquest but without the strategy meta-layer, it's all about a hero with an army exploring dense maps and fighting tactical battles. The story tries to channel Terry Pratchett to make kitchen sink generic fantasy less dull, but the writing isn't up to task. It doesn't really matter that much cause it doesn't have long cutscenes or important conversation choices, so subpar writing is not tiring.

mmhmm sure ok

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
ohhhhh this is really neato:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

OgNar posted:

JFC, its a 20mb installation.

Yeah it turns out games dont have to be more than 200mb if you're good at your job, disregarding textures

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

it took me 45 hours to beat the game but I also am the kind of person who turns over every single rock in games like these and don't skip convo

Same. I've had baldur's gate 3 since September and im still on act one :negative:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Mierenneuker posted:

I redeemed it just now even though I know I'll never play it.

...because I've already played it on Steam for 30+ hours. Probably my favorite from that very first wave of Vampire Survivors clones.

its funny because vampire survivors was itself a clone of a mobile game that was pretty drat good (but then got no attention as the origin for these games, rip poor app developer)

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
One link to add to the pile:

https://www.gog.com/partner/free_games

It's the list of currently available free games on GOG. Including Quake II RTX and some other stuff.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
no thanks i already found all the words i need in this big 2 book set. now thats frugal

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

thx it took ages to isolate the specific frame and then gif it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
why even bother with the metaphor of assigning humans to posts if they're not going to do their job lol