Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

I will say it is exceptionally funny that it was announced on a Friday the 13th

you have to make the best of a bad situation sometimes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Mierenneuker posted:

Those idiots, they totally forgot to include Part 4! I sure hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

not again! :argh:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
i actually deliberately learned them all and what the gags were and it was a lot of fun at the time. Im pretty sure my Rote Memorization Trivia section of my brain is shot now, but what can ya do? I think even Al Lowe himself tells you to CTRL+ALT+X past it

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

THE BAR posted:

Linking your Steam account to a place like Fanatical sounds like a bad idea.

ok! I def wont! whys that tho?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
got it

e: huh, ok!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
this has been a very impressive tangent, ngl

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Last night I played a modern game that launches and stays at 176 x 184. ("Pentagorat")

neat!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
yeah the DLCs are pretty poor in general but Old World Blues for me is an enjoyable piece of anti-nostalgia for lovely Adult Swim programming and my wasted 20s. the buffs and loot make it 100% totally worth it, thats the only funny part!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

chird posted:

Epic also apparently briefly posted that Elder Scrolls Online would be free next week too, but it's disappeared for now.

https://twitter.com/UESP_net/status/1679590736247783425?t=kOzBSax_x6pI1PE8Vxnfcg&s=19

I've not played it, but as I understand it, it's got a reasonable amount of content without DLCs but if you really get into the game the monthly pass thing is a virtual requirement. Also it's got an expensive cash shop that gets all the good looking gear.

yeah, a few of the base game zones are good, and if the Morrowind expansion is included it is pretty great, but the vast majority of the content youll want to play and cool side systems are behind the paywall. you will not get very far if you want to play Fashion Scrolls and theres all sorts of MTX snares and pitfalls that the truly frugal gamer will find distasteful. itll probably be F2P soon enough too and this is just a test run HOWEVER if you dont act now youll miss out on $19.99 worth of free games you shouldnt play!!!!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

IShallRiseAgain posted:

See that's the thing, it had some really blatant strawmans for capitalism, but also seemed to want the player to take the choices seriously. It didn't know what it wanted.

Every planet felt like a variation of the same silly fake moral dillemma: "The evil company town run by the evil company has been shut down by a belligerent union demanding fair treatment and safer working conditions, but the belligerent union is made up of a bunch of stupid petty assholes who are faaaar too awful and ignorant to even survive the night without the evil company desperately trying to keep them alive. What DO you DO?" I don't really know, game.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

rodbeard posted:

The game really beats you over the head with communism being the only correct choice. Siding with the corporations literally leads to humanity going extinct. I don't know what game you played.

My bad. I guess I didnt get as far into it as you. :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Free game on a service I don't use, is the price I wish I had paid for Fallout 76. Im very envious.