Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

SelenicMartian posted:

Is that why West of Loathing (and Abuse) had that location?

Yes, absolutely. Jick always seemed to love calling out ridiculousness.

Also: Door in the Woods is real loving good, y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Skwirl posted:

What is Hands of Fate 2? I claimed it because why not, but what is it?

Procgen deck building game with rng events, skill events, and third person combat ala Arkham Asylum. Overall quite fun for the price.

There's probably more depth to it but that's a fine short explanation.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Is it fun and do I need a console controller or will mouse and keyboard work fine?

Yes. Mouse and keyboard are what I use and I didn't die in my first three hours of play. So you're probably fine.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Skwirl posted:

My strategy is having such a low credit rating that stealing my identity isn't worth the effort.

This is also my tactic. Super convenient.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I earned enough points but couldn't find the PC gamepass as a possible reward. Think they're clamping down on this game.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Play posted:

Anyone every played Mothergunship? I like the name...

I recall hearing general good things about it in the rogue likes thread. I'm definitely going to give it a shot after work tonight. Will report back then.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

cage-free egghead posted:

Mothergunship reminds me of Void Bastards and Tower of Guns with some interesting gun building mixed in. It's pretty fun for free if you like bullet hell games.

It's allegedly a sequel to tower of guns.

The little bit I've played is pretty funny feels a lot like quake or ziggurat. Very fast-paced. The gun building is stupidly fun to me. Definitely worth the price of free.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Xander77 posted:

The Escapists is free on Epic, again. Europa Universalis 4 next week.

Excited for EU 4. Always wanted to get into that series.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

John Murdoch posted:

Though tbh I was instantly on board from the moment the game pulled its magic trick less than five minutes into gameplay so YMMV.

Can you spoiler what this is for me? I made it like four hours into the game and don't recall anything I'd particularly call that.

Edit: Phone posting is hard.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
Okay yeah, that all makes sense. I played until just before you unlock the flight power. (Not a spoiler it's in preview videos)

But I did every side mission possible and it was just... Underwhelming combat and mediocre story. Definitely had a strong x files vibe.

Edit: phone posting: still very hard.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I've been grabbing every single free game on Epic Game Store and barely install any of them and have barely played any of them, so I understand they might think I'm a bot. Is everyone else getting captcha asks.

twice in a row it was "identify the pictures with bicycles" and the most recent they had pictures of motorcycles in the mix, assholes.

I got my first ever today and it was "identify each picture of a motorbus" then showed me a red two level english-style bus. And half the captcha pictures were of regular buses, and half of two level busses. I just clicked everything. But I definitely wasn't sure.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Kobal2 posted:

*eyes narrowing* you callin' me old, son ?

My exact thought. I'm (relatively) young. But I grew up loving commandos. Robin Hood was another game in that vein I sadly could never get to run on my modern PC.

In short: games good, party on Wayne.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

cage-free egghead posted:

This thread is like a roguelike sometimes except I become more powerful with my posting.

Thread has meta progression, confirmed.

Content: excited to try out S&S. Whatever kind of game it is.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

TGLT posted:

It also follows the true Souls tradition of a first boss that is supposed to kill you but will reward you for beating them.

I have brain worms that will make me reset until I can best the.boss the first time when I know it's possible.

Thanks for this.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Xander77 posted:

City of Brass and Total Warhammer 1 up on Epic.

How good is TW1 without any DLC?

Without dlc it is still a lot of game for the price of free. Do recommend.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
First mission took a buddy and I three tries. By the third story mission we started clearing them in one go. Definitely takes some getting used to. Brute has a problem that his initial deck has a shitload of burn cards in it so it's real tempting to alpha stroke and lose 1/3 your deck in the first room.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
Dark wood is the only game I've ever kick-started and is rad as all hell. Cannot recommend it enough.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

TGLT posted:

I think it was made with KB+M in mind first and controller support was added later in development, but the gamepad's fine. I definitely prefer KB+M though just for inventory management stuff.

Basically this. I prefer KB+M but the controller works just fine.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

I've been slacking on my Bing dailies, speaking of.

I saved up three months worth of points. Imma give the codes out as Christmas presents.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
They're game pass subs! I thought that gets a (forgive me) pass.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
Agreed above. Two is more of the good parts of one. Play it for free with the option. (or not because this thread hates that)

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
E0WBCW9GHY??MJ7T

Mom Hid my Game for switch.

The ? are F

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

tight aspirations posted:

Mordhau and Second Extinction free on Epic. Instant(ish) claim link for both games.

Oh sweet. Always wanted to give Mordhau a go.

Shame I never can, now.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

Hell yeah. Thanks for this.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
Wanna come in and say that Moon Ring is pretty dope. I'm a couple hours in and really enjoying it for the price of free.

Hell, I probably would have paid like $8 for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003

GreenBuckanneer posted:

i wish you could claim dlc without owning the base game

Big same.