Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag is up now:
https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/promotions/assassins-creed-black-flag/16/

In my opinion, one of the best Assassin's Creed games to come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Do you remember when the free games thread had posts about games that were now free? Pepperidge farm remembers ;)

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Skwirl posted:

Cat Quest is free on Android and iOS, I know there was some debate about phone games being here, but I think that's silly, it's not a gatcha and it's also a console port, just those versions aren't currently free.

I see it at 4.99, I guess I already missed this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thegentlebros.catquest&hl=en_US

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Overcooked now free on Epic Games Store:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/overcooked/home

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.gog.com/game/forgotten_realms_the_archives_collection_one

GOG is giving away a trilogy of old D&D games as part of their D&D sale. It's the Eye of the Beholder trilogy.

Welp, this was on my wishlist to buy once it was on sale and I didn't have a glut of games to go through, not I have both!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

~Coxy posted:

No but you could potentially use GoG Galaxy 2 instead.

That will give you just an index ( Which they want I guess ), but it still requires Uplay running to launch anything =\

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Skwirl posted:

And it's closed.

I got an email for this earlier today, and I kind of doubt that it was meant to be shared out to the entire internet. ;)

Saw it was posted on Destructoid at least, I'm sure they got tons more people using it than they had accounted for as subscribers.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Artelier posted:

I hope so because I was like "Okay, I want Inside and Solitairica I want Inside and Solitairica" and I immediately missed Inside

I hope it comes back for your sake. I had Inside from the last time it was free, and like a lot of other posters, I bounced off of Limbo pretty hard, but Inside kept me going through to the .... end.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Sailor Dave posted:

OgNar posted:

Clicking install from that link just opens my Steam store page for it in Steam.

Same for me.
Same for me as well. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Trickyblackjack posted:

Ah I was thinking of getting Offworld Trading Company even if I was feeling a bit meh on it though I heard it's good, but then I forgot and now it:s too late. Well that's my story

It's been free twice now, it'll come around again I'm sure. I would highly recommend it, I ended up buying it off a goon from a humble bundle for like $3 I think? Then I got it free on EGS like 5 months later.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Trickyblackjack posted:

Just wait until you accidentally buy a game twice on two storefronts.

Nah that isn't it, wait until you have multiple copies of the same game redeemed on Origin.
I have 2 copies of Alice: Madness Returns for some reason.

Don't recall where the first BF1 came from, but I don't remember buying it:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Xander77 posted:

I have a copy of Metro Exodus and Metro Exodus: Extended Edition on steam. Because I bought the season pass, I guess?

That is at least different versions though! These are the same game, with no version difference. The content is the same in both.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

The Kins posted:

This month's Amazon/Twitch Prime poo poo:

Knockout City (Origin)
Tools Up!
Sam and Max Hit The Road
Puzzle Agent
Candleman: The Complete Journey
Unmemory
Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis

Loved Puzzle Agent and it's sequel. For a puzzle game, it's not so obtuse that you need to constantly look up wtf you're supposed to do. Short, but free is free.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

an actual frog posted:

Yep, works without issue. I'm doing the same.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

Hell yeah, even got to use the new add to cart feature that should have been there at launch!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

JammyB posted:

Huh. Saw a post this morning from a usually reliable place saying that next week would be Centipede: Recharged and Black Widow: Recharged (both are Geometry Wars style shooters). I wonder if there was a last minute change then. Hopefully they get these added back in or they appear soon.

Why would you care if they were added free? It's not like we play these free games.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There are a decent quantity of :10bux:less lurkers on the forums, particularly in Games. The main point of posting your codes in PGS is so that when they get yoinked by a lurker you know it's a cool goon lurker and not a filthy pubbie lurker who's just hanging around to read Dangan Ronpa let's plays

Wow that is a pull. When was the last time there was a Danganronpa LP :D

No free games posted in quite a bit.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kaewan posted:

Looks like Postal 2 isn't available in Australia, thanks scomo.

You're lucky.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
SimCity 2000 was my jam. Then came along Streets of SimCity and SimCopter!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I played Gloomhaven as the board game and it's a well known issue that the first like 1-2 missions that it plops you into are HORRIBLY balanced. :(

I'm surprised that it hasn't been errata at this point.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

oh dope posted:

I'm sure the board game is a lot of fun but simply just picking up loot in the video game is about 300% more complicated than it needs to be.

Gloomhaven is a video game that was poorly adapted to a board game. I only played it as long as I did because of the phone applications to deal with initiative and monsters.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kheldarn posted:

Even free, the SteamDeck isn't worth the price.

Are you in the right thread. A SteamDeck for free is the ultimate free game thread giveaway. You paid nothing, and cannot play it, it's just a trophy like all the other free games that we redeem here.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Lib and let die posted:

you can break into it and turn it into an emulator machine

If you got it for free though, we don't use free crap we get from this thread. It's just not what's done.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

site posted:

i have 2nd stadium and it's erroring out for me too

that thing to watch for the steam deck is today right?

In just over an hour, yes.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Mierenneuker posted:

Those idiots, they totally forgot to include Part 4! I sure hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

What? It's the best one in the series! A classic!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Skwirl posted:

Weird way to admit you don't know about the Chicago Seven.

Weird flex, but ok

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Tagichatn posted:

I didn't realize until now that ghostrunner and ghostwire were two different games, thank you Epic Games Store.

This, this is the reason that I could have sworn I owned this game already. Thank you.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

OgNar posted:

A freebie on the Minecraft marketplace today where you get to play as animals.
Not much free stuff gets posted on the marketplace.
https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/planet-earth-iii-perspectives
https://twitter.com/MinecraftMarket/status/1747320106575630677

Welp, I just learned that apparently I didn't migrate my Mojang account and now I have no way to connect it to Microsoft and their FAQ just says 'welp, you missed it, get hosed'.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Airconswitch posted:

It's cool that searching through my email I never any notifications about that, love this system

Same here. I just searched my entire gmail and never got one. Grand.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Mordheim City of the Damned free on GoG

https://www.gog.com/en/game/mordheim_city_of_the_damned

The giveaway link is something like:
https://www.gog.com/giveaway/claim

It's never worked for me...

E: Fixed giveaway link, had to go back to page 280 to get past all the Minecraft/Notch bullshit and back to free games.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Is there no freebie on Epic today? It shows Doki Doki Literature Club coming soon, but otherwise has a big icon for "Free Games" which shows Genshin and stuff like that. ( Unless I'm just early? )

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Teledahn posted:

Here, play a browser based detective game.

https://jjohnstongames.itch.io/the-roottrees-are-dead

It's free. Pretty good.

Post free games.

OK I'm going a little insane. In the tutorial, I got it by brute forcing, but what the hell are you supposed to do to see which of the girls match up to their photos!?

I'm obviously past it now, but I feel like I cheated to get here.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Lurks With Wolves posted:

It's been a while since I played that part, but if I remember correctly it's simple: if you search for one of their names directly, you find a fanpage. That fanpage says stuff like "I love wearing plaid, Blah's signature look" and "I want to pierce my ears like Bleh", and you combine that with a few of the other facts you should be able to pick up by searching names to attach names to appearance and birth order and sort everything out.

Hrm, I found a fan page, but best it did was talk about them being models and the youngest being the smart one.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Superrodan posted:

On the fan page you're mentioning it says "I want to get my ears pierced like Rhose" and "I try to wear plaid clothes like Rhiley".

Completely missed that apparently. I blew past all that stuff today though and I'm down to 44/50 if I recall, and I'm fairly certain I already fixed one of them. Hitting a little bit of a wall with some things, but I have thoughts on how to proceed. Just spent far too much time messing with this today.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I don't own an Xbox One/Series X or whatever, so if you do, you can have my copy of Fallout 76 for it!

JPYQ24GQ37HV9CQG4QP4H7GTZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

JaKivi posted:

I got few keys to steam. Hope they work. Fallout 3 NV4YQ-KV32T-R4G7Y, Adventures of Chris ZJHA8-E2ZY3-AANMM, maybe steam key Cook Serve Delicious RJV44-L7G5V-9C64Y.

Adventures of Chris and Cook Serve already redeemed.

Wish people would just at least say thanks.