Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

A really good game is free if you grab it in the next two days.

Limbo - http://store.steampowered.com/app/48000/ - is a solid, nervy 2d game that I paid about $8 for a few years ago, and really enjoyed and felt it was money well-spent.

No hoops to jump through, apart from having to have a steam account. Everyone should grab this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Mierenneuker posted:

What are the nine instant access games? GRID, Destiny 2, Thumper, and... ?

GRID, Destiny 2: The Collection, Thumper, GYLT, SteamWorld Dig 2, SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech, Serious Sam Collection, Spitlings, and Stacks on Stacks (on Stacks)

That's all 9

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

A good poster posted:

What are the odds they'd just release GTA Online as a free standalone game?

Why bother now? They are giving away GTA Online bundled with the single player game here free. The complete deal. So why later on make GTA Online free, without the single player portion. I think for most people, the single player part gets you hooked and makes you play the online part. So it's more profitable to pack the solo part in with the multi, just to increase engagement.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

John Lee posted:

Gonna get sidetracked here:

"Lefty loosey, righty-tighty" made no sense to me as a child, and to a lesser extent today, and I got in several shouting matches with my mother because of it.

No part of this is going inherently "right!" Like, east, east-northeast, and east-southeast are all going primarily down, and the southerly bits are going left, and it's a full fuckin' rotation, there's no reason to say it's going one direction over another. I guess some weirdos look at the top-left of the faucet or wheel or whatever like they're reading a fuckin' book, and when looking at that small bit they're like "Look like it's going right to me!"

Anyways, when you look up you're loosely rotating your head, the back of it is going down but the front is going up, etc.

I use the righty tighty thing with my daughter when teaching her about screwdrivers. The bit of the screwdriver (and hand/wrist) that you can see (the top) is moving to the right. One child I knew, this didn't make sense to. But it turned out later in life, when she got tested, that she suffered from Dyspraxia. She struggled to know left from right, it takes seconds for her to know which you mean when you say "right", even into her early 20s. I sometimes wonder if it affects more people than we think.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m hoping that with Madden finally getting ported this year is the one where NHL finally gets over to PC. I don’t think it’s going to happen but I can hope.

Madden has been on pc the last few years, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

bees x1000 posted:

whoa, Gloomhaven is a big one IMO. Extremely good game.

Yeah, that's crazy.