Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Crusader Kings 2 is free until Saturday at 10am Seattle Time, then 75%-off for the rest of the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Origin's latest On The House freebie is Peggle, if for some hosed up reason you haven't already got Peggle on at least three different platforms.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Origin's pretty inoffensive nowadays. It's certainly no uPlay, at any rate.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Samuringa posted:

Hell, at least you can actually browse the storefront of any other digital distribution platform and find good stuff, something Valve didn't account for when opening the floodgates for every single two-bit developer to put their garbage games on Steam.
Reminder that the first third-party Steam game was Ragdoll Kung Fu, and Eternity's Child wasn't very far behind.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also on the Twitch Prime subject: The free games for May are being revealed in two parts by (assumedly) popular streamers. The first three are:
High Hell
Gone Home
Psychonauts

The rest'll be revealed through some other streamer some time tonight. I guess they'll be up on May 1st?

EDIT: The rest are:
I, Hope
Clustertruck
Titan Souls

The Kins fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 24, 2018

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Star Ruler 2 and its expansion pack are now free and open-source... with a catch: If you want it for free, you'll have to compile it for yourself! Also: No music.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Origin has retired their "On the House" freebie program, so don't expect anything else on that front.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The "Starter" (read: Cheaper But You Have To Grind More To Unlock Characters) Edition of For Honor is free for a limited time.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Sign up the Humble Bundle's dumb newsletter (and unsubscribe straight afterwards of course) to get Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The following games are free to download DRM-free versions of from the Humble Monthly Trove for the next couple of days:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Limbo
Uurnog
Fortune-499
Tiny Echo
Cat Girl Without Salad
Drawkanoid
THOR.N
Crescent Bay

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Murderous Pursuits, the latest attempt at making a version of The Ship that people actually play, is free until Monday.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Coolguye posted:

i don't even see where it would allow me to download it. i clicked its download button, it took me to a page it said was claimed by me, and then there's just a shitload of ads.
Scroll down past all the ads and you'll find the download link.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
GOG is giving away DRM-free copies of Obduction on their front page.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The PS2-era platformer Kao The Kangaroo: Round 2 is now on Steam and is free for 24 hours.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The ambitious, if somewhat unfinished, 90s adventure game Toonstruck is free (and DRM-free) on GOG.com for the next 48 hours or so. Just scroll down the front page a bit until you find the button.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The infamously-bad Too Human, which was removed from sale in 2013 following a copyright-infringement suit over plagarizing Unreal Engine 3 code, has been made available for free download on Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Somehow. Nobody's quite willing to discuss the legal machinations involved, beyond Epic permitting it.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah, Rockstar have had their own launcher for years, but it's mostly used for retail copies so you probably only saw it briefly blink by when starting up your Steam copy of Max Payne 3 or GTA5.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Android port of Downwell is free until "September 27th, 23:59PM GMT" to make up for a bug that required them to re-release the game as a seperate app. Downwell is fantastic, so if you have an Android phone this is basically non-optional.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Hav posted:

Sword of the stars II.

Breetai posted:

RoboCop for the C64

FFT posted:

What was that pirate game by the dinosaur game people? Because that.

/e Atlas, what hot garbage that was. A friend gifted it or I'd have been super offended about the price.
Big. Rigs.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Golden Battler posted:

Bit of a stretch maybe, but does anyone know what the best way to play Tyrian is these days?
OpenTyrian is a native source port, but it lacks the extra content from Tyrian 2000.

Tyrian 2000 has the extra content, but runs in a DOSbox emulator.

Both are free. Choose the one you most prefer!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Your latest batch of freebies from the Freebies 'n' Fortnite 'n' I Guess The Unreal Editor Client: QUBE 2 and Layers of Fear.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The DLC is free on all platforms, not just as part of the Epic deal.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Serial Cleaner is free (or the price of a newsletter subscription, at any rate) on Humble Store.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also: If you get Wasteland 2 through this freebie, check the serial codes attached to the Director's Cut in your library - there's a gift code for the original Wasteland waiting for you.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Zesty posted:

GOG doesn't do a thing where they'll give me a steam code rather than a DRM free version, right?
No. They are, however, doing the exact polar opposite, where if you own one of the following games on Steam, you can get a DRM-free GOG copy for free:

Age of Wonders: Planetfall
DUSK
Galaxy Trucker Extended Edition
Through The Ages

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Zereth posted:

"Unavailable games: DUSK"

*looks at steam where DUSK is currently installed*

:confused:
The Connect system is a bit weird during busy times, and requires your game list on your Steam profile to be publicly visible, so you may need to tweak your privacy settings.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

FFT posted:

I'd love a proper Unreal/Unreal Tournament remaster. There's apparently Unreal Redux that's an indie project in the works, but not even an inkling of a release date.

Facing Worlds/Hall of Giants, :sigh:
These are remasters in the "make the game run gooder on modern machines" sense and not the "redone graphics" sense, but OldUnreal have released an Unreal 1 227 Patch and are working on something similar for UT99, all based on the original source code with Epic's approval.

~Coxy posted:

I would love for it to be UT2K4

(Drag-drop version still works on win10, but a store version is helpful for getting people into it.)

Mierenneuker posted:

I no longer have a disc drive, so I’d love that as well *eyes Unreal Anthology DVD*
In the event of it not being a freebie, UT2004 and the other Unreal games are currently $2.50 (and DRM-free, of course) at GOG.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

njsykora posted:

Epic were making a new UT themselves with proper mod support before Fortnite took off, it got abandoned pretty soon after.
It was practically abandoned out of the gate, they only had a skeleton crew and were hoping for fans to do a lot of the work. The skeleton crew then made this battle royale mode for Fortnite using the pre-existing assets from that game, and...

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New batch of Twitch Prime games is up already:

Dandara
Anarcute
Kingdom: New Lands
A Normal Lost Phone
Splasher

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New Humble Monthly Choice stuff is up:

My Friend Pedro
Planet Coaster + World's Fair Pack DLC
F1 2019 Anniversary Edition
Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark
Battle Chasers: Nightwar
EXAPUNKS
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Death's Gambit
198X
Niffelheim
AI War 2
Etherborn

DRM Free Games:
Space Routine
One Step From Eden Exclusive Sneak Peek

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

I'm confused, the site says this costs $20.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i was confused about this too but didn't want to say anything
People seem to post about these subscription services like the Twitch Prime stuff here, so I figured I'd join in. :shrug:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Mable and The Wood is free on GOG for the next couple of days.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
More Steam freebies! Deiland! Headsnatchers! Yes.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Symmetry is free for the next 48 hours or so over at GOG.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Regions of Ruin is free on Steam for a couple more days.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The PC port of AC2 was also fairly controversial due to it requiring a constant internet connection. I dunno if they ever patched it out or what, but if the internet in your area's currently sucking up a storm due to everybody using it to the hilt, it might be worth keeping that in mind.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also worth noting: Germany and China will be getting Knack 2 instead of Uncharted.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Manual Samuel is free for Humble Bundle newsletter subscribers. You can unsubscribe straight after, as always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Only one Epic freebie this week: For The King.