Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The Virgin "arguing about the word 'soulslike'" vs The Chad "arguing about the word 'roguelike'"

I can't tell you how many times I've had somebody hype me up on a roguelike only to later find out it's actually a first person shooter. Actually I can it's 3 but still that doesn't seem like a thing that should happen multiple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I forgot about immortal redneck. I was thinking of gunfire reborn as number 3 but it was actually the 4th time somebody pitched an FPS to me as a roguelike.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Artelier posted:

Basically Hand of Fate 2 is a few different genres in one:

- Build a deck to influence your possible events, skills, equipment
- Your character goes from point to point on a map, like FTL or Final Fantasy Tactics. Each point is an event of some sort
- If the event is a battle, you'll be put into a small-ish arena where you will face many foes with Arkham-esque combat

That's basically it. I bought it while it was a while ago and it's pretty fun! Definitely worth a shot to see if it sucks you in. I've got some friends who played dozens of hours, but there's something about the pacing that meant that I felt pretty done with it after a few. Still, for free, I think you'll definitely get some enjoyment out of it.

You had me at deck building, you lost me at Arkham combat.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

We've gamified gaming the system to get free games.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

EGS is really convenient for me. I'm already not playing the games I own I might as well not be paying for them either.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Donkringel posted:

From what I've seen it's a waifu gacha game with gameplay like Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild.

I'm just going to pretend this means your waifu breaks every five seconds causing you to need another one and never play the game to find out otherwise.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Did that even happen in this thread? I have no idea what they're talking about.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

flatluigi posted:

criticizing media seems so much easier when you don't bother to experience the work first

I got in trouble in my high school English class for complaining about how The Lottery was going to end because my teacher was adamant I couldn't have predicted the obvious plot twist and must have secretly already read it

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Pararoid posted:

Crazy. Are there any good ISPs, or is that just an across the board policy?

The DMCA says if ISPs don't do it they become liable for any copyright infringement their end users do.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Indiegala sends out emails advertising hentai games.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's useful that they are giving away encased because I actually backed the Kickstarter and never received my copy of the game.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

poo poo, I would have been emailing them from multiple emails and submitting poo poo everywhere if that had happened to me

I selected the console release for my kickstarter reward.

ilitarist posted:

Encased, but with tactics.

Throwing tactics into a game's title makes people assume that the game is a turn based RPG on a grid which is why I was always so disappointed in the game.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

the difference between tf2 and overwatch is that overwatch was a fundamentally broken game from inception and did need a lot of attention. but blizzard weren't very good at balancing it, then abandoned the game for like 3 years to make a pve experience that they cancelled anyway. tf2 just added a bunch of clutter on top of a good base game that diluted the formula before valve lost interest

Blizzard made Overwatch to do something with the work they put towards a cancelled MMO and then when Overwatch succeeded they went back and started trying to make the same MMO and when they gave up a second time they put out what they had as Overwatch 2

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Aragosta posted:

Free epic games I've beaten are Metro 2033, Metro Lastlight, Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Control, Prey and Evoland Legendary Edition. I think that's all that I've beaten, played a few more. Have around 160 games total in the library and have only ever bought one from them. That was Metro Exodus gold edition, which cost $5.70.

I'm an abomination.

SHAME!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I don't get it

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Before I was pretending to not understand as a joke, but now that I'm actually trying to redeem the codes I don't get it.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'll pass

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I forgot 3 days in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

wizard2 posted:

Every planet felt like a variation of the same silly fake moral dillemma: "The evil company town run by the evil company has been shut down by a belligerent union demanding fair treatment and safer working conditions, but the belligerent union is made up of a bunch of stupid petty assholes who are faaaar too awful and ignorant to even survive the night without the evil company desperately trying to keep them alive. What DO you DO?" I don't really know, game.

The game really beats you over the head with communism being the only correct choice. Siding with the corporations literally leads to humanity going extinct. I don't know what game you played.