Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

repiv posted:

I've got dupes of

Quantum Break
Starbound
Monaco
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Drawful 2
Amnesia: The Dark Descent + Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
SUPERHOT
SYSTEM SHOCK: ENHANCED EDITION
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition
Broken Age
Max Payne 3 (Rockstar Launcher key)
Downwell
Guacamelee! Gold Edition

PM me or add me on Steam if you don't have PMs https://steamcommunity.com/id/repiv/

I would happily take Guacamelee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Gun Jam posted:

*GameMaker Studio 2 Creator 12 Months

may i have this one please?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Mescal fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 3, 2022

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

Sale? Are you planning to... BUY a game?

The hell's wrong with you!

thought this was the steam thread...

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I'll take tyranny if it's turn-based, looks cool.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Gun Jam posted:

Alright, since Mescal's not answering...

You still on?

Hey, sorry! I didn't realize I was holding you up. Thanks for looking out!

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Gun Jam posted:

:siren:Free keys! :siren:
- Street Fighter V
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
- DmC: Devil May Cry
- Ultra Street Fighter® IV
- Devil May Cry 5
- Devil May Cry HD Collection
(also, a pair of coupons - can you give away these?)

I would like the DMC that's not claimed yes pls

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

treat posted:

I played a free game what're you going to do about it? geneforge is good but i dislike how much of my free time it's eating

tell us what you like about it and maybe i'll install it

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

The Kins posted:

One more GOG giveaway: The procgen first-person roguelike hick-em-up Immortal Redneck.

Egyptian
roguelike hickemup.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Weavered posted:

There is also free DLC for the game too. Not sure if it’s normally free, or indeed that I will ever play it, but it’s there.

Oh drat, that was easy to miss. Wonder why it's not included in the main download.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

hold up and listen to me a minute. fort triumph is good and you should play it. you can make Mousetrap-like combos with the enemy push/pull/kick and the character reactions and the environmental interactions. it's nothing like xcom. my dissatisfactions with it are mechanical stuff like lacking a high ground bonus (that actually does anything noticeable) and the fact that the campaign is short and there aren't enough classes. my complaints are stuff tht would be fixed in a sequel. in fact, fort triumph 2 is the only game sequel i'm really desirous of.

maybe it just happens to cater to my specific druthers, but it's definitely worth investing an hour in to see if you like it too.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i remember that some goons really liked fort triumph when it came out, but i wasn't terribly impressed by it. it substituted design for randomization whenever possible.

i absolutely agree that handcrafted campaign fights would really make it sing.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Flair posted:

I cannot find it anywhere in the fine print: Can we enter twice via the website and via snail mail? Would Steam allow us to double our chances of winning?

the winners are gonna be ppl with households of 16 individuals with steam accounts

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

texting my ex posted:

don't skip out on Fallout Tactics if you're at all interested in fallout / squad based shooters. I wish that game got more recognition or even a sequel, it's my favorite game of the series for real lol

describe fallout tactics using the title of a different video game

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

rodbeard posted:

I selected the console release for my kickstarter reward.

Throwing tactics into a game's title makes people assume that the game is a turn based RPG on a grid which is why I was always so disappointed in the game.

thank you, that's what i needed to know. i'm looking for turn based RPGs on a grid. you can't just throw "tactics" in the title! it's not a meaningless word like "iron," "souls," "song," or "II."

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Montague Tigg posted:

genuine question, how is dishonored 2 compared to 1?
if that is in fact the free game tomorrow I will have it on no less than 3 platforms and while I loved the first one I haven't even tried 2 yet.

2 is better

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

they can't use that style. bastion stole it first

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Suburban Dad posted:

Dying Light 1 is real fun. Was my GOTY back in 2015 or 16. I was bummed when the sequel got pretty middling reviews.

dying light was your goty 2016?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

doctorfrog posted:

I'm going to add a column to my spreadsheet so I can calculate the average hours I'm also saving by not playing any of these video games

lol was that not already part of the equation? seems like an oversight

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Rexxed posted:

Moonring, a spiritual successor to older rpgs like some of the Ultima series is free on Steam. Developed by the co-creator of the Fable series:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2373630/Moonring/

Splattercat did a 35 minute look at it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krs1Kr38og4

quote:

The default recommendation to give to someone for when they want to get into traditional roguelikes.

Currently no other modern traditional roguelike fits this niche. DCSS, ADoM, ToME, Qud, Cogmind, Elona ... none of them really provide a great entry point, they are all for people who already have some form of experience in the genre some way or another.

Swell!

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

last day for free Doki Doki Lit Club if like me you didn't see it. epic

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Can I have DVD of "seven" with brad pitt and morgan freeman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?publisher=General%20Mills

quote:

Thus the bloodied bodies and the twitching torsos from Doom become the goo-covered cereal pieces and the cereal victims twitching to extract themselves from goo in Chex Quest. Likewise, according to the plot the "health" meter represents the Chex Warrior's ability to move, with 0% representing being completely covered in slime and unable to move. The picture of the Chex Warrior in the status bar display becomes progressively more coated in slime, as opposed to bleeding as does the face in Doom. Because time was limited, pre-existing tools popular with the Doom fan community (such as the level creation tool Doombuilder) were utilized in level design, and sound effects such as the distinctive vocalization of the Flemoids were created by creative director Dean Hyers and audio designer Andrew Benson playing around in a sound booth.[18]

Mescal fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 9, 2024