Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Trickyblackjack posted:

I stopped reading at 20XX is a roguelike

Because it should be called a roguelite or because you aren't into randomized stuff? I recently played it on the Switch and it's pretty fun if you like Mega Man X. Levels become repetitive quickly though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah i mean it's in a genre where the main appeal is level design and has randomized non-hand-designed levels.

Yep it's no true Mega Man but it still scratched an itch. Nice av btw.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

davebo posted:

I like the Rocket Arena mod for Quake 1 because that's when someone finally told me I was supposed to play that game with a mouse. Ever since Wolfenstein I just used the keyboard arrow keys and assumed that's how it was done.

I remember seeing the option for mouse back then and thinking “someone out there plays these games with only a mouse??”

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Game is fun just need to remember to do the sky levels first cause if you leave them for last it’s a massive pain in the rear end.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

cuntman.net posted:

what is happening in this thread

The thread is moving around our completely still lives

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Is DDLC worth just watching a let’s play of? Looks like the type of experience that would be more fun watching on the couch than sitting at the desk.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

That game looks super generic. Has anyone played it?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I guess no one remembers that guys mini meltdown?

drat :smith:

I remember :unsmith:

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's just one more example of how you should use a password saving app with different randomly generated passwords for every account.

Can you recommend me a good cross platform option?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Thanks guys will get Bitwarden tonight!

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

By self host you mean just putting the password file onto Dropbox or something? That doesn’t seem too bad.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

But like if you host with Bitwarden, do they have access to your passwords? It can’t be hashed right? So it’s just encrypted and only you have the key?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

a7m2 posted:

They host basically an encrypted file that you locally decrypt with your password. That's why there's no password recovery for your master password in Bitwarden. They never get your master password

Cool that makes sense. I had someone trying to pull me into using KeePass instead but Bitwarden just sounds way more easier and comfier to use.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

fit em all up in there posted:

Still have some stuff if there is any takers:
Games:
Amnesia bundle
Book of Demons (taken)
Brothers: A tale of two sons
Dear Esther:LandMark edition
Pikuniku(taken)
Yoku's Island Express
River City Ransom:underground
Gone Home + OST
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair (I believe I do)

SoftWare:
PDF-Suite
Polygon Farm, Polygon City, and Polygon Prototype
Ashampoo Photo Optimizer 7
Intro to Game Development with Unity(taken)
Complete Unity 3D Developer
iRacing (3 Months) Subscription:
(Note: This offer is for new memberships only. It does not apply to current or lapsed iRacing accounts and cannot be combined with any other promotion.
The redemption deadline is June 1, 2022, 11:59:59 PM PDT. You have 69 days left!)

I'll take River City Ransom please if you still got it.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Jordan7hm posted:

I remember being a mod of infantry online in 2002 and arguing about whether or not the homophobic f word slur was ok or not (it wasn’t a ban at the time). I am glad that in that one instance at least I was on the right side of history. Also remember being on there on 9/11 and the racism that came out that day.

I probably wouldn’t play them now because of not being a teenager with too much time on his hands, but I kind of miss games that derived so much of their value from being chat interfaces with something else to do at the same time.

Yep Infantry Online, Subspace and even community servers for Counterstrike were good times. I still play Quake Live and most of that aspect is still there cause it’s servers only but yeah matchmaking ruined the feel.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I already own it as well, someone take this NNEKFAE49F37006DD8

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Another Wolfenstein: The New Order key for GOG if someone wants it: YUWU5880549CD5E6B2

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

GOG codes on Twitch Prime for games I'll never play:

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
VTX20EC7E8B436E4AD

Tomb Raider: Game of the Year Edition
YTLH6FB5FF241B372E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

dogstile posted: