Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

It's been swapped to the base edition being free. Still can't login though. lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

flatluigi posted:

i know it's the antithesis of the thread but even if y'all do end up getting the base game instead of the director's cut, the upgrade to the latter is $10 off-sale and was on sale when i checked earlier. obviously not as good as getting the full thing for free, but def not the end of the world if it resolves in a different way

It's more that I'd have to buy the DLC on EGS, and I (a) don't want to give them money and (b) don't have any faith it'll still exist as a platform in 10 years, when I finally get around to playing it.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

ilitarist posted:

I imagine it would only work as long as vast majority of people use these machine-friendly passwords like G.4*rqP(Fsa\vn_4. If everyone started doing this I bet it would easy to make some predictions on what words people use in passwords. Just like nowadays you could *hack* a lot of stuff with passwords like qwerty1 or admin, you could probably have a system that could guess a password for a significant number of people in just a few guesses.
I use these but I blend them with nonsense words that only have meaning to me, or are extremely specific to the work I do. Good luck doing a dictionary attack on a password made up of the fake animals I imagined as a kid and the stock codes for the bottles I bought ten billion of at my first job. (neither of those are parts of any of my passwords, but you get the gist).

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I didn't enjoy it at all. I felt the way they redid the power system sucked all the joy out of the game.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

ilitarist posted:

True, don't miss out on Fallout 4 just because it doesn't have a good story or choices or the world. As a looter shooter or immersive sim it's quite good gameplay-wise, it looks great, and the subpar parts are not that intrusive. After the intro the game rarely forces you to pay attention to the story.

When did people start calling loosely structured open world games immersive sims. I keep hearing reviewers calling the new Zelda game one as well and it's driving me nuts. :arghfist:

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Mierenneuker posted:

There was also the time a goon picked the Confirmed Bachelor perk without understanding that it was more than just 10% more damage to other males!

https://twitter.com/SA__moment/status/1597782321888784384?t=-8eK8_j_SYWNBUa-bfoQKA&s=19

Every time I see one of his posts it's all I can think of.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

sebmojo posted:

i think there's a way to turn it off, bc i remember having that exact thought and acting on it
I had to use the windows sound mixer to turn the volume of the overlay down to 0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Fallout 76 (Microsoft Store): TWH4T-3HM7P-XPX6G-7P3TF-MGRKZ
Fallout 76 (XBox): YCMJHRRF97G6447J6R49PJTCZ
Fallout Tactics (GOG): K7V8E69DE702F8E53C