Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

it 13th but game no free??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

tight aspirations posted:

https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1293174733513555968

I think that means about 15 minutes until the epic servers melt?

Ah ok thanks!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Technically not free but Xbox live for the PC has a thing where it's one buck for the first month. I was frankly astonished how many good games are on there, the new flight Sim 2020 is gonna be free from the start.

I've been playing a bunch of game I was always hesitant to buy its pretty great

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

In any case building a pc for the first time in a while is turning out great, you're practically drowned in free or dirt cheap games nowadays. Actually looking forward to the epic store thing, I've gotten so many high quality games from there already it's ridiculous.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Holy poo poo, I played through like half of it but didn't get to that scene yet. The entire game made me uncomfortable but I couldn't put my finger on why. Also the riddles made absolutely no sense a lot of the time, so even as a puzzle game it was bad.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Not new, but perhaps it hasn't been mentioned: I just watched this video presenting a remake of Rescue on Fractalus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MhUpeSJVNA

https://www.lsdwa.com/projects/fractalus/

It is a simple space shooter where you rescue people.

For a brief, hopeful second i thought this might be a game i briefly played as a kid on my dads computer. It was a game in very early 3d where you had a tank/buggy which could transform into a plane, and you drove around picking up little blue people to save then. In the end you flew them through a ring. Is there a lost games thread somewhere? I've found almost all of my lost childhood memories but this one eludes me.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Serperoth posted:

There's the "Help us remember the name of a game" thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2925708

Perfect, thanks!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

WesY2K posted:

Wasn't that CORONIS RIFT? The other LucasFilm Games game on the C64?

The lost games thread actually pulled through with an incredibly quick response, it's called scorched planet and is exactly like i remembered. Not very good appearantly but it really stuck in my head for decades.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

People need to accept that in 2021 there are only 3 types of games. Souls like, botw like, and Minecraft like.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Is this a game to play with the wife or will she hate me for making me play a super sad story?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Recently I wanted to play a crpg and discovered that I had pathfinder kingmaker on epic. But I heard that wrath of the righteous ones was even better and bought that one instead. After finishing it I still wanted more, and wouldn't you know it, kingmaker was on sale so I picked it up cheap and played it way beyond the refund date. :ughh:

And that's how you can get free games and still play them, by being a complete idiot.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I played zero with no prior knowledge of the series and loved the poo poo out of it. Then tried kiwami 1 and 2 neither of which stuck, and got like halfway through lad. Might try out 4 then, i want more kiryu.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

SnakesRevenge posted:

I bounced hard off of Kiwami after finishing zero, but going back a year later I found I absolutely ate it up and devoured Kiwami 2 immediately afterward.

It shows its age more than anything, but 3 is a phenomenal Kiryu story, I say go there if you don't want to give Kiwami another shot.

Maybe that was the issue, I tried playing them quite quickly after finishing 0. I'll try em again and if it doesn't work again go with 3, thanks!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

repiv posted:

Dishonored Death of the Outsider and City of Gangsters are up on EGS

Recipe for Disaster next week

Doto is very good, if you liked dishonored 1 or 2 highly recommended. Its about billie, dauds right hand.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Having just played dying light 1 and 2 in order (though without finishing either), both have their strengths. 1 is hardcore and more unforgiving, 2 is more colorful and arcadey, which for me kinda fell apart in the second section. You switch from low houses to a business district where you also get a paraglider. It kinda takes the oppressive feelinf away.

However, 1 for free is a no-brainer, it's very rewarding since the parcour is fluid and fun, and you for the most part have great control of how much risk and reward you wanna take.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Imo Finnland was robbed and sweden didn't deserve the win

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Started up NV without any modding and actually impressed how decent it looks and plays. I remember installing it a few years with all the recommended mod lists and being annoyed at almost anything, somehow certain mod packers seem to concider a lot of things essential that I really don't care about.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

A fantastic game, I still have the music stuck in my brain occasionally and played through it many times.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I have played almost all AC and while few reached the highs of 2/brotherhood, most were pretty okay all around. I remember syndicate being the one where I just lost interest hard even though it has a lot of stuff to love. Train hangout, two fun main characters, an ugly but expansive and unique city, lots of mechanics. Its biggest drawback is really that it's assassins creed, offensively so. It's got all the stuff that made you fatigued of the series, all at once.

Still a very solid game, but after years and years of the same game it was just a bit too much formulaic.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I was a bit stoked for valhalla as Iike the viking setting but it just sucked the fun out of everything while playing. The combat did a step back from odyssey, there was even less stuff to climb up on, the characters mostly sucked and most importantly the structure was absolute insanity. They kept unlocking parts of england for you to always do the same story parts in, with almost no mainline story progression in between. It was tedious and obviously just game length padding, utterly infuriating.

It did have some fun parts tho, the village upgrading kinda owned, but was similarily ruined with the inclusion of constant Microtransaction content. No ubisoft I do now want to buy the special armor of the frost puppy, gently caress you.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Cookie clicker is the weirdest game I got really addicted to in recent years. It's good.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Twerk from Home posted:

Apple charges $200 to upgrade from a 256GB disk to 512GB.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I wouldn't say I hate it, or that anybody really hated it for that matter, there's not enough there to hate. It's an exceptionally bland video game, I played like 10 hours before turning it off and just kinda.. not having a reason to turn it on again. Nothing was interesting, nothing was memorable, it was a real cornflakes game.