Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Geemer posted:

Gone Home is free on Humble Bundle until 5/3.
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/trove

Looks like you have to be subscribed to Humble Monthly to get it, though, unless I missed something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

tight aspirations posted:

This is free if you, um, well, it's free anyway.

Getting some Corncob 3D vibes off of that

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Mierenneuker posted:

Palpatine is alive and said "sup!" to the universe.
Wait, is that seriously something they revealed in the movie's opening title crawl? I haven't seen the new Star Wars yet, and I was still interested in checking it out before it leaves theaters, but the fact that the movie goes "Hey, turns out Palpatine is alive!" in some text instead of an actual scene in the movie kills most of the interest I had. That is seriously poo poo.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

I think EGS's claims of being this big serious alternative to Steam while having such a janky platform is pretty goofy/embarrassing (GOG Galaxy is doing a much better job of building themselves up as a Steam alternative), but I don't really have any problems with them, and their free games are nice.

I have yet to actually buy any games from them, though, and was wondering how just throwing out free games constantly could be a profitable business model. But then I noticed just about every free game has a "GOTY/Premium Edition Coming Soon!" on their page, so I wonder if they're betting on people playing the free games and then dishing out for the DLC/expansions and so they end up making money that way?

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Was the 2013 "Tomb Raider" game given out for free at some point? It's in my Steam library for some reason (and the new "Play Next" feature has it listed at the top for me now), and I definitely never bought it (I have zero interest in it). I'm guessing it was a giveaway somewhere at some point, but I don't have any email receipts for it, I always save them even for free games. And I seriously don't remember ever adding it.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I was sure I'd set it to download via the phone application to my Sony Play Station 4 home computer system but when I tried to find it I couldn't.

Turns out they, for some ungodly reason, named it The Lego Ninjago Movie Game the Game of the Movie and I was looking under L where all my other Lego games are :doh:

What kind of crappy software doesn't ignore 'The', 'A', etc. at the beginning of titles when sorting alphabetically?

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Weird, I saw that game in my Steam wish-list yesterday, and decided to remove it because I couldn't remember what it was and a few reviews said it was abandoned. I didn't even realize that it was going to be one of the free games, so guess I lucked out.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Zushio posted:

I'm not sure how to take this blatant attack on Chex Quest.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Free is the right price for Jurassic World Evolution. I got it on Steam a few weeks ago, I normally love park builders, but JWE is boring as poo poo. The sandbox mode is locked behind completing objectives in the story mode, but story mode is mostly waiting around for money to build back up while a bunch of voice-clips ramble at you.

Thankfully I realized I hated the game in under 2 hours so I was able to get it refunded. Not sure if I'm going to bother picking it up again for free. But maybe those of you who aren't as jaded and still have a love for dinosaurs will get a kick out of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

rodbeard posted:

I can't tell you how many times I've had somebody hype me up on a roguelike only to later find out it's actually a first person shooter. Actually I can it's 3 but still that doesn't seem like a thing that should happen multiple times.

Ziggurat, Tower of Guns, and Immortal Redneck?