Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Anyone on the fence about trying this, be advised: it actually, surprisingly, owns. The voice talent and script are on point and there are even a few actual puzzles. The art style is similar (but imo superior) to Telltale's recent offings.

The originals are still awful but this reboot is solid, and Chapters 2 and 3 are even better than 1. Try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

senae posted:

Top bad about the whole "largely funded by stolen money" then.

Casual googling shows me a lot of hearsay and :tinfoil: speculation, and even if money were stolen it were stolen from a theoretical Homestuck game, so I really don't feel bad at all for enjoying/buying it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Have you ever gone back and played the original KQ games? They were groundbreaking for the time, but Sierra adventure game design really, really doesn't hold up. Space Quest only gets a pass from me nowadays because it's hilarious, even if it does the same bullshit as the KQ games.

Even at the time, Sierra game design was laughably terrible compared to INFOCOM. The only thing they had going for them was "pretty graphics".

I remember QFG1 came on something like ten 3.5" floppies. Took forever to install that mother.

On topic, most INFOCOM games can be played for free these days.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Klaus88 posted:

I bought all the Starcraft 2 campaigns and all I got was this lousy ghost skin.

I still haven't gotten around to playing the Protoss campaign

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Coolguye posted:

okay great thanks i'm glad you made my player surrogate a completely moronic psychopath

Also applies to Kerrigan herself, funnily enough.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Angry Lobster posted:

Wings of liberty is the best of the three campaigns, and that's not saying much. Still fun enough to play.

Nooooo. I haven't played the Protoss one but the Zerg campaign was 1000x more fun than WoL to me. In WoL every single one of the first, like, 20 missions is just "build lots of the unit you unlock in this mission and then attack-move to victory". And gently caress that time wasting mission with the day/night cycle that takes absolute goddamn forever because heaven forfend you miss ONE building.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

It's better than SC1 I would say. You actually make "choices" and stuff to power up your units beyond what they would be normally, or in multiplayer. There's even branching paths and stuff. There's literally zero other RTSs on the market right now so I say if you are even passively interested you will enjoy it. Also you can download something called Mass Recall which is the entirety of Starcraft 1 in the Starcraft 2 engine. It's very very good. You can actually play that with the current free version that exists right now.

:stare: please tell me the quick and easy way to do this, I want to play this so bad now

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Here are some instructions. Its been too long since I played it for me to give you any advice beyond that. Step 1 would be to download Battle.net and install the starter edition of Starcraft 2

Oh I already have the full version of SC2. I just finished up that video's instructions, I'm not used to things like this being so easy :) Gonna try it out now

edit: the latest SC2 patch seems to have caused some issues, but they're easy to fix and get it working. drat this is a trip down memory lane without going backwards in time to a much worse interface

precision fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Nov 6, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Watch_Dogs is definitely not so bad that you should pass on at least trying it. It has some really fun stuff in it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah Watch_Dogs 1 is not "bad" at all, just somewhat bland. Good soundtrack though and worth a playthrough, especially since W_D2 is amazing

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

But don't say it isn't a bad game.

Must be tough to live without a concept of subjective opinions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
haha. Well played :golfclap: