Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think the limitations are that it says that free to keep games do not drop trading cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It has DLC, so maybe they are hoping people will download the game and then decide to buy the DLC.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Might be something on your end, it works fine for me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Games have been taken off game pass already?

Several times.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm glad that all these free game things are just the games from all the humble monthly bundles that I kind of wished I had got once they were revealed.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The Finland stages were really fun. Just jam the front wheel into the ditch on the inside of the corner and let it pull you around.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That's going to suck for anyone who dropped off Destiny 2 and wants to get back into it in a few months.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Wasn't Manual Samuel already a free game? I don't even know if free is a good price for it. The game is bad and the constant "what the feces" every few seconds is grating.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I only played the first two, but Asylum was a lot more fun I think. Or maybe I just got burned out by the time I played the second one.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I had never heard of a metroidvania when I played it, but asylum is a metroidvania.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Mazerunner posted:

did you just stand around waiting until the enemy attacked and then hit the counter button? nah man you gotta take it to them, build up the combo use the gadgets. You're Batman, it's not about winning, it's about doing it with style

It's about leaving people with permanent, crippling disabilities.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What would be the name of the physical therapist who is horrifically traumatized by all the Batman related injuries they have to deal with and then becomes Batman's new enemy?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It was really annoying in Asylum just barely missing a jump I know I need to make only to realize I get some item later that gets me there or some other path opens up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
poo poo, I was excited about this and you made me realize I was thinking this was freelancer.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I saw something mentioned that the messenger also comes with free dlc that you have to get separately. Is that true?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They might be doing a holiday sale and give away themed games or something.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I guess we're hitting the stage of this year's indie game lives that no one is buying them anymore so they just want whatever cash can be squeezed out of companies paying to give them away.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That's what I've been doing. Money is tight but subscribe to various things because I got a good deal on gamepass and subscribe to Amazon prime for other reasons, so it's nice to get these games for free.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The Office of Personnel Management already let China steal my personal information, and all I got out of it was 1 year of ID theft protection. I don't really care if China knows that I like Outer Wilds and that I commented "that's a cool cat" on a tiktok video.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ape Out is showing up for free everywhere it seems.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Looks like the sale might end on the 1st, so maybe then?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
How do you get it to do twitch? It isn't in the default and nothing showed up in that "search for other things" box.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Disappointing Pie posted:

It’s a stealth game from an overhead perspective set in Feudal Japan where you control a squad of character. Each character specializes in a way to eliminate enemies. And you have to systematically work through a level, ideally completely silently without anyone noticing you were there.

ooh, I've been looking for a game like that. I really just want a game like Company of Heroes but one that just follows one squad of dudes and I attack things. I don't have multitasking skills to handle babysitting an entire map of dudes. I really like the start of Company of Heroes 2 where you fight across the map with a couple squads but then these games always turn into me having to manage a huge army and it's only ever me having to defend against waves of enemies and that just isn't fun for me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

saltylopez posted:

The Xcom series might fit your criteria too.

I've tried games like that, but I prefer real time to turn based.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ErrEff posted:

Shadow Tactics is really good. It takes the stealth strategy elements of Commandos and Desperados and transfers them to a feudal Japan scenario.

The devs are also currently making Desperados 3.

Will they be coming to their senses?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

zer0spunk posted:

If I still havent played talos and I have a rift, should I play the VR port or the non vr version for the first time?

same question for alien isolation and subnautica I guess

The VR version of talos is totally separate, so you have to make a hard choice beforehand of which you want to play. I'm assuming the free version is the normal version. I haven't played the VR version yet, and I keep wanting to buy it to see what it's like, so I don't know. I think Alien Isolation is a fan hack after the original VR mode was removed, and I haven't played that one yet. VR for subnautica is ok if you have a computer that can do it well. This one has a high chance of making you sick if you are susceptible to it because it tends to run poorly in VR and the movement is just really weird compared to normal VR games.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Go make music or art or whatever you man Mac people do

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Even if i never play the games, the devs deserve the money they get from whoever is giving it away.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I've bought a couple games from epic, so it's whatever.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Trickyblackjack posted:

Wasn't the huge plot reveal of the latest star wars in freaking fortnite instead of, you know, the movie? What a world

Yes. I heard about something about Star Wars happening in Fortnite but never really thought anything of it at the time. Then I went to see the movie and it said something in the opening crawl that was totally out of left field and it pretty much drove the plot of the movie. It was dumb as hell. Turns out it was referencing something that happened in Fortnite.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ignis posted:

I saw the Fortnite scene in YouTube and it doesn't really add much to the movie, it's just Palp giving a fairly generic evil speech. Dunno why people were treating it like it was an indispensable prequel to the movie.

It was mostly it making no sense and JJ throwing away things from the previous movie and inventing new things out of thin air just to make his lovely ideas work.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Good to know that The Bridge is coming up, maybe I'll give it another shot. Really great puzzle game that I tried when it came out but becomes close to incomprehensible as you progress and more mechanics are introduced. Got to some upside-down Escher level relatively far into the game and after looking at it for days had to admit that I was just too stupid to continue any farther.

I like these games at first, but eventually how the creators brain works and how my brain works diverge and I just can't figure it out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The Half Life games are free to play until April 1st.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Do these board games have any online multiplayer?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

SnakesRevenge posted:

loving Madagascar

Do NOT look up Madagascar pandemic memes. They are all racist, which I unfortunately realized when I remembered them and looked them up a while ago.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Coolguye posted:

fine, i apologize for its use then, but this entire situation feels a lot like the last time someone tried to sneer at me for saying some poo poo they wanted me to say rather than what i actually said

Welcome to the internet, where people talk past you to have the conversation where they are winning.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the only reason why people even know about it is because of Griffin and Justin doing a Monster Factory with it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I could have sworn that twitch already did Bomber Crew, but maybe that was gamepass.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Len posted:

Why can't all free games just be in this thread?

Because then it would fill up with chat about games that happen to be free and people wouldn't know when to check it for paid games that they have been thinking about getting that are free for a short period of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The Stanley Parable was pretty fun and it was fun to figure out what you could do to affect what the narrator would say.