Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
This whole situation is kindof mindblowing. I expected bad poo poo to happen under the emergency manager laws, but I thought it would just be corruption, not murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

FilthyImp posted:

Just think of all the money being spent on the fallout of all this. And the delicious, delicious lawsuits that are going to be spawned, much less the healthcare costs.

Don't forget, it is very likely no private individual's pockets will get dinged. All the compensation will come out of public coffers.

Anyway, good article on 538:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-went-wrong-in-flint-water-crisis-michigan/

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 27, 2016

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
I wonder if he's not resigning because he knows that as long as he's still governor the political system will protect him.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Schuette on Duty said he has to get his own lawyer.

Oh, I wasn't even thinking of that. More things like the entrenched political system just not wanting to get in his way while he still has power and is part of the party framework. For example, a Republican prosecutor would be a lot less likely to press charges against him while he's still in office; Fox News is going to defend him; etc.

Once he steps down, he's burnt flesh (to steal a phrase from The Name of the Rose). Step down and that just starts the process where Fox News starts putting a [D] by his name and makes him fair game for any prosecutor who wants to put a big notch in his belt.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

I just saw this thread. Is it against the rules to post a comedy article I wrote about this crisis if the publication gets $0.00 from a person viewing it?

Posting anything that tracks back to your personal, real-life identity on these forums is almost always a horrendously bad idea even if it doesn't violate a specific rule.

• Locked thread