Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That's not really true as far as I understand. Nazi Germany was rife with petty rivalries, centered around gaining the favor of Hitler.

Yeah, you are correct. And Imperial Japan was even more of a basket case with lower level officers outright assassinating politicians / ministers / officers viewed as not aggressive enough, and the Army and Navy being completely unable to cooperate and being outright hostile to each other. The Army drafted civilians who worked for the Navy (people involved in shipbuilding and airplane manufacturing, even with highly specialized skills) and the Navy didn't tell the Army about the defeat at Midway until more than a year (or two?) later and intentionally splitting up the survivors of Midway to keep the story from spreading. The insanity currently going on in Sears is the corporate equivalent of this type of leadership.

The appearance of competence and lockstep in the ideology is more important than actual results, until the system comes crashing down.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Listening to my dad go on about this nonsense really opens my eyes to just how refined the Republican bullshit machine is.

The right wing echo chamber and outrage machine is very, very thorough and does operate in a lockstep fashion. It's funny thinking back to the "journo-list" scandal early in Obama's first term where liberal journalists were accused of coordinating their reporting and stories through an internet mailing list, given how day-to-day reporting by the right wing media is obviously coordinated to a ridiculous degree. To be perfectly blunt, anyone still identifying as Republican would have to be entrenched in the propaganda because that's the only way to look at Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida, Oklahoma, Kansas and the Bush administration and not want to have more competent leadership in place, or alternatively views the messes they create as somehow good because it affects minorities/liberals more.

ErichZahn posted:

Anyway, it's worth noting that snyder gave some company their own water service because the acid/heavy metals/salt in the river was corroding their machines and had caused injuries.

This alone should sink him (at least force him to loving resign) in any sane system since it shows they were well aware of the water quality issues, but considering the crazy level of racism in Michigan and hatred of Flint/Detroit I doubt that will happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread