Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Tigey posted:

Have I walked into the China thread by mistake?

CommanderApaul posted:

Some of the people in my office are involved in sorting out what exactly happened and how to fix it. The quote I got from one of them was "We have to go up and educate them on all the water treatment advances made in the last 50 years" or something to that general effect.
Chinese-style water, Chinese-style solution. Execution, not education.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Bitchkrieg posted:

The entire state is a mess.

Detroit teachers have been posting to social media about what a catastrophic mess the public schools are.
America is an amazing place.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Popular Thug Drink posted:

detroit has lost over a million residents since deindustrialization began. and the infrastructure to take care of that many people still exists. detroit has full water, sewer, and public electric provision to places that look like this:
It's clearly a solution looking for a problem. Detroit could become a refugee-to-American processing camp, home to a million and possibly more refugees from the Middle East and elsewhere.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Psycho Society posted:

The MDEQ knowingly minimized lead in their samples, did not collect enough samples, and strong armed any hint of dissent.

So what was the reason for doing this, killing up to 10 people with legionairre's disease and giving an unknown number of children some degree of brain damage?

Uh...
I think it's pretty understandable. No one likes meetings.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Condiv posted:

lead poisoning tends to increase violent acts and behavior. good thing gov snyder is trying to help flint with their image problems
Someone needs to check the water in the White House!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Veryslightlymad posted:

Fascists at least work in lock-step. This is just comical everyone-for-themself backbiting, the likes of which is typically seen in popular depictions of the armies of Hell.
That's not really true as far as I understand. Nazi Germany was rife with petty rivalries, centered around gaining the favor of Hitler.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

computer parts posted:

Yeah it's pretty funny to contrast the Dances with Wolves style of noble savage with the fact that all the big mammals died out not long after Native Americans came to the Western Hemisphere.
They didn't all die out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Rick Snyder is currently number one in this fortune magazine poll "the 19 most disappointing world leaders."

http://fortune.com/2016/03/30/rank-most-disappointing-leaders/
It says world's most disappointing leaders, not most disappointing world leaders. :colbert: Thought someone was going crazy by calling Snyder a world leader.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

The only bad guy is Rick Snyder. He needs to be arrested.
Didn't the EPA fail to actually deal with the issue after being made aware of it? The local branch I mean. I think that falls under being a bad guy, even if a slightly more mundane one than Snyder.

• Locked thread