Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Apparently it's bad? Like, maybe poisonous? and the governor or mayor or some government person said that it's fine? I dunno, but it seems like a big deal.

What's up with Flint, and the water there, and the government response to the water?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
OK, somebody linked to this article

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jan/16/flints-water-crisis-what-went-wrong

and I think the basic deal is Flint was on Detroit water, told Detroit they were gonna switch over to a new system, Detroit said "gently caress you, pay us more for the water you're getting until the switchover happens" and the Flint government decided to use the poison river water in the interum instead, and hope nobody noticed before they switched to the new water system

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Tigey posted:

Have I walked into the China thread by mistake?

No, this is the thread about Flint, Michigan's water situation.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Suddenly over half a million refugees from Detroit somehow show up in Greece and Turkey.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

SocketWrench posted:

Eh, do it like Pripyat. Tell everyone they're being evacuated for 3 days, line up busses, get them all out, shoot the pets, hose down the tires and never let them go back till Flint has been reclaimed by nature. Play our cards right we can turn it into a desolate tourist hotspot too

I don't think it would have the same appeal if the town was already halfway reclaimed by nature before the evacuation.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

On the sidewalk in front of Snyder's $2 million Main Street Ann Arbor condo.

heh, that showed him

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It's really hard to take an angry political message seriously when it's written in chalk and a variety of festive colors.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
If you retardss keep talking about assassinations I'm gonna close the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
please stop talking about the nature of violence or whatever the hell you people are talking about

• Locked thread