Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

SocketWrench posted:

Of course Snyder will buy his way out while leaving the underlings to hang for it

I think Snyder has Official Immunity in Michigan which means he can't be tried for this. I'm not really good with politics, so I'm not sure. Some of your smarter folk might be able to look it up though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Goatman Sacks posted:

The EPA's budget will be slashed and more people will be poisoned.

That was my take away. Snyder and the Republicans were going after the EPA pretty hard, and Snyder is great at passing blame.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Frykte posted:

Is it at all possible that the officials responsible for keeping Flint's water clean poisoned the water themselves so they could keep it all? Corporations are already buying the rights to take water from lakes and rivers so that they can bottle it up and make a profit off of it. Is it possible that the water was poisoned so that the corporations could have all the water for themselves?

I highly doubt that. Conspiracy theorists will latch onto stuff like that though. There is no reason to do something like that, especially in Michigan. Snyder just didn't want to spend money on properly ensuring the water was clean enough to drink. That's all it comes down to. Officials high up don't want to spend money because it makes them look better if they keep their budgets low.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Regalingualius posted:

Let's see, which is more likely: a cacophony of fuckups at just about all levels of government (mainly state) lead to a terrible and entirely preventable tragedy in their rush to save a buck, or it's all actually part of a corporate conspiracy that would've required decades of preparation to create the perfect storm of plausible explanations for the coverup?

It's also possible that Snyder watched this one too many times.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5378456/bill_murray_snl_classic_commercial/

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

ayn rand hand job posted:

It was an inside job because someone didn't take a power cord?

Really?

You missed the part about the specific office that was targeted. That is what really got their attention, not just the monitor.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

SocketWrench posted:

Yeeeeaaaaah ok. Good job there Flint police. I've had poo poo stolen out of my car where vital components were left behind. It certainly wasn't me that stole them.

Had a cb radio stolen but the antenna was left behind. Had a shitload of sockets stolen but the actual socket wrench left behind. 2 ton floor jack stolen but the handle to use it was left behind.

Again, read the whole article. 1 specific office was targeted, and only documents about the water issue were targeted. The monitor is secondary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

SocketWrench posted:

I did. Though I was focusing on that specifically because it really means nothing. It's like the cops said "We have evidence this was an inside job, and the sky was blue today." It's just a comically stupid addition

Aaaahhhh I gotcha. It really does kind of read that way.

• Locked thread