Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The most annoying part of this is that Rick Snyder keeps saying that he promises to "fix it" but lead poisoning is not fixable.

Salt Fish fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ToxicSlurpee posted:

But what good has it been doing for everybody but the auto industry?

Any gains that happen during a Republican government tend to go to business and nobody else.

Look, I know deregulation is poisoning people but industrial production is more profitable now.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/flint-water-crisis/2016/01/28/amid-denials-state-workers-flint-got-clean-water/79470650/

whoops

quote:

LANSING -- In January of 2015, when state officials were telling worried Flint residents their water was safe to drink, they also were arranging for coolers of purified water in Flint's State Office Building so employees wouldn't have to drink from the taps, according to state government e-mails released Thursday by the liberal group Progress Michigan.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Radish posted:

There's no way anyone except for MAYBE some Scooter Libby-esque lackey faces any repercussions from this.

I don't know about this. People in Michigan are pissed and the story has a ton of exposure. I wake up listening to NPR news summary type shows and there are multiple mentions of the crisis every day. Local businesses are conducting water drives and sending flatbed trucks of bottled water into the city. I have rarely seen this amount of attention on an issue like this and we shouldn't underestimate what that will translate to re: the fate of rick snyder.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

This ice sculpture was left in front of the capital in Lansing on Thursday. It was removed within hours.

It was 60f yesterday so I'm not surprised it was gone within hours!

resign rick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I sincerely hope that the only harm that befalls Rick Snyder is being outcast politically, being forced to resign, a criminal investigation and maaaaybe a glass of flint tap water but thats it.

• Locked thread