Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
the best computer book I ever got was some oddball thing published in the 80s called "the magic machine" that taught you how to be a "mathemagician"

it went through all kinds of programs to generate fractals and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

this book is excellent. It's a detailed history of the atari 2600 which goes deep into the evolution of programming techniques throughout the consoles lifetime. fascinating stuff

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

every fucker in here posting their university textbooks needs to branch out. Oh yeah, I TOTALLY enjoyed the operating systems dinosaur book, unlike everyone else in my class who skimmed it and just read the loving lecture slides, I found the dense info dumps and characteristically disorganized committee writing fascinating. I'm smart and def have read a book since graduation.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Hell yes. I love reading a sequential detailing of the canonical algorithms they drum into you at school. Almost as good as my other favourite book "Mathematics 2C: Foundations". Definitely a personal favourite of mine, great for fireside reading.

• Locked thread