Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

Obamunist Troll Bot: Built to bring a One World Government to the People
Indeed, if republicans are the only party valuable capable of a majority then you do what you need to do.

When did you reach out to the party? When did you meet these people. Because if the answer is when you decided to run for office, then the reason is because politics is all personal and you probably barely know these people :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrielX
Jan 4, 2008

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch posted:

Indeed, if republicans are the only party valuable capable of a majority then you do what you need to do.

When did you reach out to the party? When did you meet these people. Because if the answer is when you decided to run for office, then the reason is because politics is all personal and you probably barely know these people :synpa:

It was actually before hand. One of my partners at work is the local republican chairman. He's actually put me into contact with other people, but he and the local committee weren't really helping. He's basically the one that pitched me on running for state rep. He kind of put the thought in my head and I ran with it,. We both thought I would probably have cross partisan appeal, because of my views.

More or less it was that I'm younger, likable, I do have some beliefs that align with republicans, and typically have a clue about law. The only real thing I'd ever considered running for was magistrate, but I can't even do that now (because now being a lawyer is a requirement).

Believe it or not I actually liked this experience, and I definitely feel like I learned a ton about how the system works. I'll definitely check that book out.
Most of the local volunteer things around here are faith based (salvation army, etc). I've looked into volunteering in the past.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

UrielX posted:

It was actually before hand. One of my partners at work is the local republican chairman. He's actually put me into contact with other people, but he and the local committee weren't really helping. He's basically the one that pitched me on running for state rep. He kind of put the thought in my head and I ran with it,. We both thought I would probably have cross partisan appeal, because of my views.

More or less it was that I'm younger, likable, I do have some beliefs that align with republicans, and typically have a clue about law. The only real thing I'd ever considered running for was magistrate, but I can't even do that now (because now being a lawyer is a requirement).

Believe it or not I actually liked this experience, and I definitely feel like I learned a ton about how the system works. I'll definitely check that book out.
Most of the local volunteer things around here are faith based (salvation army, etc). I've looked into volunteering in the past.

If you're doing this for your friend, don't quit. Call him up or text him tonight and tell him your situation, followed by a direct ask that he come over at an exact time in order to canvass some neighborhoods over X hours (X is how many you need/think he will do).

Be as direct and specific as possible in your ask, and don't take anything other than a hard yes or no as an answer.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

My roomate in college worked with sarah palin's people in 2008 and when Obama won he was walking around the apartment with his head down like poo poo didn't even matter anymore.

• Locked thread