Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which non-Power of the Daleks story would you like to see an episode found from?
This poll is closed.
Marco Polo 36 20.69%
The Myth Makers 10 5.75%
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 45 25.86%
The Savages 2 1.15%
The Smugglers 2 1.15%
The Highlanders 45 25.86%
The Macra Terror 21 12.07%
Fury from the Deep 13 7.47%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

And a board game fan too, I knew I liked you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

FreezingInferno posted:

Holy poo poo, About Time Vol. 3 seems a lot thicker than the other volumes. I don't have a copy of that one yet but I wonder why that is.

I'd blame Canada Post, generally.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It really irks me that Paul McGann is front and centre on the cover of the first River Song boxset. Yes River is there, but she's off to one side. On the cover of her own series.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Look, it's either the 70s or the 80s. Or both at the same time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Burkion posted:

[Snowthing] OF THE DALEKS

OH poo poo, ITS THE BLIZZARD OF THE DALEKS

Now from Dairy Queen

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Happy 82nd birthday!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Happy birthday to the 2nd most recent Doctor, John Hurt! :toot:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fuuuuuuuck. No new Who for 2016, Chibnall as showrunner.. Alright, who's been kicking puppies?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Lance Parkin gets it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

A non doctor who fan knows what Torchwood is?

I know people who are Torchwood fans and don't like Doctor Who.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

FreezingInferno posted:

Hooray! It's Christmas in January!

Thank you very much, The_Doctor! (There's an underscore in there, right? I'm pretty sure there is.)

Woo, Part 1 arrived!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It's the latter, but you'd think the sky was falling was every time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That's a crazy lie, I have Who figures next to Transformers on my shelves.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

FreezingInferno posted:

Hooray! It's Christmas in January! ...Again!

Thank you again, The_Doctor! Boy this book is massive. Even though it only covers five years of the show. I mean, Volume 4 also does that and it's not nearly as huge.

Knowing how About Time thoroughly picks at every continuity clash for sheer posterity, it's probably a lot of UNIT Dating pecking. :v:

Yay! I'm glad it got there so "soon", it had a projected delivery date of some time running to late Feb.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Go big or go home. Helen Mirren. Or Anna Chancellor.

Also acceptable:
Nathan Stewart-Jarrett
Lennie James

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'd really like it if they could use some of Murray Gold's music in the Big Finish audios. Things like the Gallifrey leitmotif and the UNIT/Dalek themes would be nice.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

BSam, we're still waiting for you to post what echoplex sent you!

Unless you posted and I completely missed it

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I didn't notice before now that he's apparently borrowed Bowie's tights from Labyrinth. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Valeyard posted:

I really need to start reading through the rest of the Eighth Doctor Adventures

There's some fantastic gems in those. City of the Dead being my personal favourite.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ooh they're investigating UVB-76?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I sit inside your head,
I live among the dead,
I see you in your bed,
And eat you when you're sleeping.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Spare Parts is fantastic, but I always have great trouble making out what it is the Cyber Committee is saying.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah the BBC is launching its own streaming platform very soon. There's adverts on the Tube for it.

CBS has taken all the Star Trek series off Netflix (aside from in the US, although I'd wager that won't be there too much longer) to put on its own steaming service, along with the new series coming in 2017.

The downside of all this is that with everyone wanting their slice of the streaming pie, the consumer isn't going to be willing to pony up for each individual service, but would rather have it all in one place, which is what made Netflix so popular. They're just going to bring about more piracy and lose money because they'd rather put their content in their own little forts rather than share it around and let everyone access it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I would love streaming services to have dvd extras.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It's interesting Bert Kwouk wasn't ever in Who considering he's been in everything else.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

You caught me. I've never seen Four to Doomsday.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I voted for my favourite, Terror of the Zygons. :colbert:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

In other news, Eve Myles has said she's done with playing Gwen Cooper, so no returns to Torchwood.

Buh bye.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Talking of Big Finish...

http://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/coming_soon_reverse/doctor-who---the-collected-10th-doctor

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Just got to the end of The Eight Truths and Eddie Robson has pulled another Human Resources style cliffhanger twist :hellyeah:

I really, really, really like Eddie Robson's stuff.

I was literally hanging out with Eddie (and several other Who-ish writers) yesterday!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

This was the best Xmas present. Thank you again, Forktoss :3:

(You should totally do more comics)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It's my favourite Who thing of the revival, honestly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

qntm posted:

I was so sure that the "THEY SURVIVED THROUGH ME" voice was going to be the Face of Boe.

Oh I remember everyone having a theory as to who it was. Davros, another Time Lord, Adam Mitchell (somehow), the Dalek we saw in 'Dalek' (apparently it time travelled again, not exploded).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Huh, if you search 'doctor blue box' like Rose does, the first result is still http://www.whoisdoctorwho.co.uk/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I really want to do a full rewatch as well but I too have so much stuff to watch. I still haven't finished Fringe or Supernatural and I have easily 100 documentaries I want to watch.

And video games.

'Working my way through Fringe' buddy :hfive:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

jivjov posted:

Big Finish posted a full trailer for the 10th Doctor Adventures. I'm stupid hyped for this one.

I made a cringey face at "I'm hanging from a banner with a skeleton around my neck". Come on, BF, you've worked out how to do audio by now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Ooof. Here, have something to lighten the mood...

I'm partial to this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Or how about waiting to see how bad/good [maybe, who knows?] it is before giving up?

• Locked thread