Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which non-Power of the Daleks story would you like to see an episode found from?
This poll is closed.
Marco Polo 36 20.69%
The Myth Makers 10 5.75%
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 45 25.86%
The Savages 2 1.15%
The Smugglers 2 1.15%
The Highlanders 45 25.86%
The Macra Terror 21 12.07%
Fury from the Deep 13 7.47%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Davros1 posted:

Season 6B no longer exists due to BF's Early Adventure "The Black Hole". Please adjust your wikis appropriately.

How does it wipe out season 6B?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Eh, maybe it'll be good. I hope it's good. I enjoy "Doctor Who." Sometimes even when it's bad. So I'll keep watching, either way.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

It'd be kind of funny if RTD came back as a writer under Chibnall. Didn't Moffat want him back?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Just reading this made me feel embarrassed for a second.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Clipperton posted:

I managed to read the whole thing and I've never made it more than twenty seconds into Doctor In Distress, objective proof that Chibnall > Levine

That's not saying much, to be fair.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought.

I laughed too much at this. My wife wanted an explanation, and I just didn't know how to explain it.

I have some bad Doctor Who tastes, but The Rapture is just... Terrible.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

She and Seven were gonna come back for S4 or S5 of the Sarah Jane Adventures :smith:

Man, that would have been so good.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

And More posted:

My favourite part of War Games is when the Doctor proves to a German soldier that he's from the future by slowly unscrewing a screw in the soldier's gun, and then slowly screwing it back in. Then the soldier forgets, and he has to do it a second time.

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWaS5QtUZKA

Fun- tastisch!

That's amazing. Why does The War Games have to be out-of-print in the US? I want to watch that immediately.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Davros1 posted:

So apparently during an interview for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Matt Smith said he'd be up to doing Big Finish.

Sweet.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Box of Bunnies posted:

I'd be keen for The Adventures of Eleven and Handles

This is exactly what I want.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Davros1 posted:

This was a BBC show that ran for 20 years in Britain. It was cancelled 2 years after Talons:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_and_White_Minstrel_Show

Oh my God

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

CobiWann posted:

Look, I’ve gone from supporting Mitt Romney in 2012 to pulling for Bernie Sanders in 2016. I’m more confused than a drunk college girl at an Indigo Girls concert.

This made me laugh out loud.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Anyway what should I listen to next? Only heard Loup-Garoux, Chimes, Spare Prats, Davros, The One Doctor and Blood of the Daleks so far and my tablet's given up the ghost so I need something else to entertain me in the gym.

(Respectively: ok, ok, :perfect:, :mediocre:, absolute shite, :mediocre: )

Flip-Flop. And tell us what you think of it immediately.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

McCoy and Colin are gonna be in the next River Song set. Guess I'm gonna have to buy it.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Astroman posted:

Whoa, they're doing more Unbounds? :dance:

I thought they never would. Warner's Doctor is great.

The more David Warner in my life, the better.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Season 24 has Paradise Towers, which I really love.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Top 5?
No real order:
Genesis of the Daleks
Carnival of Monsters
The Time Meddler
Ghost Light
The Invasion

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I enjoy all of Trial, but a lot of that is because of how dumb it is.

Series one has Father's Day, which is great.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

CobiWann posted:

I look like Oliver Platt on camera and sound like Katy Manning on the microphone.

Same.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I've seen about half of all the classic Doctors runs. Maybe more than half of Tom's, since he's my wife's favorite, and I buy his more often because of that.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

CobiWann posted:

Eighth Doctor best Doctor.

Agreed.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Kinda surprised I'm on the list. Didn't think I posted here that often.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

My only real issue with Big Finish is that as much as I enjoy Peri and the 5th Doctor, I think it's a bad idea to have had them had years and years of unseen adventures before Caves of Androzani. Part of what makes that story so great is that the Doctor's so willing to risk everything and sacrifice himself for a companion he barely knows.

I agree with this. It's another reason I'm fine with wobbly continuity. Either Five knew Peri very well, or basically not at all. It just depends on the story you're reacting to.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Goddamn, William Hartnell loving owned :allears:

A couple years ago, I watched all his existing stories in a row, and was pretty blown away by the quality of his stories, and his acting. Even in the bad serials, he owned pretty hard.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I don't really like 5 or 10, but I like Davison and Tennant just fine.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Brazil is an amazing movie. Probably my favorite Gilliam film. Jonathan Pryce owns it.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I watched the old B-movie, First Man Into Space, earlier today, and was delighted to see Roger Delgado pop up in it. It was an OK movie.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Finally watched "Death of the Doctor" and thought it was pretty cute. I like Jo a lot, and I thought RTD did really well with 11. Too bad he didn't write an episode of Who when Smith was the Doctor

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

So I just found out about the old slang term "Celestial" and, ouch, The Celestial Toymaker is unfortunate.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

After The War posted:

I'm hoping this coincides with you starting Deadwood. :colbert:

That's exactly what happened.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

It may have been the crudest kind of humor (and intentionally bigoted) but goddamn if I didn't laugh my rear end off at the Swearengen/Wu scene where they try to communicate with each other over who stole the drugs.

Absolutely :nws:

That part was absolutely incredible.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Well he's a psychic projection of the Doctor's negative thoughts, and we now know the Doctor was on his "last" regeneration, so you could always argue he DID come back..... decades earlier in The Trial of a Timelord as the Valeyard!

I'd be fine with Jones playing the Valeyard in a modern story, bit I think it'd be difficult actually making the Valeyard good and/or not nonsensical.

David Tennant as the Half-Doctor/Half-Donna trying to get regenerations could be interesting, too. Probably bad, but interesting.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Christmas is for schmaltz, to be fair.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I just ordered "The Curse of Peladon" sight-unseen, since I found it for $7. How good/bad is it?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Giant Penis Monster.

Yes. Yes.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

"Ghost Light" is baffling in all the best ways. I love it so much.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

The Mirror has started a rumor that the 13th Doctor will be played by Matt Smith. Because he said he'd love to play The Doctor again. Him playing separate regenerations seems... unlikely.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Well Manicured Man posted:

Bring him back for a "Two Doctors" special, then just have him hang around with Twelve for the rest of the season.

If they do that, I'd want McGann as the Bonus Doctor for the season.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

jivjov posted:

With Big Finish now being able to use everybody up through Matt Smith and Jenna Coleman...what are the odds of new series companions showing up for Short Trips or Companion Chronicles releases?

I know some of them (Arthur Darvill comes to mind) have worked with Big Finish before, so I wonder who'd be up for coming back for a short story or two.

Darvill doing a Last Centurion box would be a pre-order for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Animated Power is the obvious guess

Reddit has a screenshot of a now-taken-down page announcing it.

• Locked thread