Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which non-Power of the Daleks story would you like to see an episode found from?
This poll is closed.
Marco Polo 36 20.69%
The Myth Makers 10 5.75%
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 45 25.86%
The Savages 2 1.15%
The Smugglers 2 1.15%
The Highlanders 45 25.86%
The Macra Terror 21 12.07%
Fury from the Deep 13 7.47%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Chibnaill was head writer and co-producer of Torchwood actually, so he would've had near final approval on everything, and unless Davis REALLY wanted a black lady in a silver bikini and fought for it then Chibnaill has at least half of the blame for approving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Rochallor posted:

Jeez, he's in that? His film career sure is off to a rousing start. What a waste of a good actor.

He's getting rave reviews for it though and is apparently the best part of the superb new Netflix drama which is out soon too.

He's done his time in the wilderness and now critics are noticing how good he is in different roles.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

vegetables posted:

I think that:

- retconning the Doctor killing all his people made the character and the show much less interesting

- the Sixth Doctor was more well conceived than the Twelfth as a "difficult" version of the character

- explicitly making the Classic and New versions of the show the same has led to most of the best things in the New one becoming downplayed.

[/grump]

I'd be interested in hearing more on these.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I just assumed that Rose, being clever, knew she couldn't be in any of those pictures because she had already seen that she wasn't. She's always holding the camera.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

happyhippy posted:

IMO every episode should be Bill and Ted, the Doctor just going 'aha, your death laser may kill me but Im going to put a death laser shield just behind this curtain later on'.

Actually that was a joke, but more I think of it, I want a Master/Doctor/Missy duel where they just pull anti-weapon devices out of nowhere every 30 seconds for 45 minutes.

That's basically Let's Kill Hitler.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Burkion posted:

So whatever curse that hit Matt Smith that left him with A Good Series and then two awful ones has only gotten worse for Capaldi right? Like, that man is a treasure. Shame about almost every episode he's in.

This curse is called Stephen Moffat.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I just make custom cover art for mine.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Jsor posted:

The only name that might be a known person is "Marc Campbell" who asked whether Doctor Who fans are called "Whoites", "Whoies", or "Whovians". But probably not since I think the one who wrote the guides is Mark Campbell. Though there weren't that many letters since one guy wrote an epic that took up a page and a half of their letter section droning on about random nonsense.

Was that guy Peter C?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Wait, we're getting a 2016 Xmas special? I thought we weren't getting anything until Season 10 in late 2017?

Christmas Special this year, Moffats final season in early 2017. Chibnalls first probably late 2017.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Moffat: So we write our first draft many months before the episode goes to air and then I don't bother looking at it again because I'm too busy sleeping with all the female staff and pissing away the budget on hiring my mates...
RTD (in audience furiously scribbling): I just wrote a better character in 30 seconds than Mo's managed in 6 seasons.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The Cloister Bell has now been so downgraded it's being used for when someone potentially doesn't subscribe to a youtube channel

They never even explain it in the revival series. To most viewers now it's just the Tardis alarm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Rochallor posted:

The shots with Capaldi are a great demonstration of this. On Doctor Who, he looks like he's in a movie. On Class, he looks like he's in... a low-budget TV show. I really hope they pick it up with the production after the first episode, because it really is a great idea merely executed poorly.

I've got to disagree. It's a much more impressive looking show than Doctor Who manages to be outside of the Tardis. Simply because it's budget can go on things other than new sets and props and costumes every week.

• Locked thread