Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which non-Power of the Daleks story would you like to see an episode found from?
This poll is closed.
Marco Polo 36 20.69%
The Myth Makers 10 5.75%
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 45 25.86%
The Savages 2 1.15%
The Smugglers 2 1.15%
The Highlanders 45 25.86%
The Macra Terror 21 12.07%
Fury from the Deep 13 7.47%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
qntm
Jun 17, 2009

CaptainYesterday posted:

Even if Queen Elizabeth II, Barack Obama, and Vladimir Putin have a three-way press conference on every channel to reveal life on Mars and also that Martha Jones is a Rutan

Who the hell is Martha Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

DirtyRobot posted:

What is with Doctor Who's shooting schedule being so gruelling that it burns out experienced, talented actors, even with huge giant gaps every once in a while (also: what is with the need for giant gaps every once in a while)?

Whatever it is, it seems to me that the producer role which handles all of that needs to be split off from the head writer role. Those are two completely divergent skill sets.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Or Billie Piper.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'd be ok with this. I never cared for Rose, but she was great in the 50th.

"I know I recognise this face somehow, but from where? Who could it be?"

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Have any of the audios established the origin of the psychic paper?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

MrL_JaKiri posted:

What do you mean by "the origin"?

In the original run of Doctor Who, the Doctor did not have psychic paper. In the revival, he does. I put it to you that sometime between the events of the original run and the events of the revival, the Doctor acquired this psychic paper. I am curious to know the circumstances of this event.

For that matter, how/when did he get his first sonic screwdriver?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I just figured you could embed that moment in a good story, that's all. Cripes.

E:

Dr. Gene Dango MD posted:

Psychic paper is a revival thing but Terrance Dicks used it in a Second Doctor story titled World Game. It was given to him by The Celestial Intervention Agency (a Time Lord black book organization) to help him blend into french society. Whether you accept that as canon or not is up to you.

That's neat. I didn't realise Terrance Dicks was still alive, let alone that he'd written anything since the revival.

qntm fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 6, 2016

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Is there a grand viewer figures chart that we can all peer at?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Did we ever find out what happened to those two missing years of Jack Harkness' memories?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I was so sure that the "THEY SURVIVED THROUGH ME" voice was going to be the Face of Boe.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

cargohills posted:

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship is not an example of good Chibnall as it is in fact pretty poo poo

Oh phew, I thought I was the only one.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Well Manicured Man posted:

He's pretty on-point.

We can blame Moffat for mismanaging the show and overextending himself to the point that we ended up with split seasons, but poo poo like not airing the show at a consistent time of day every week is all on the BBC, right?

The Magician's Apprentice: 19:30
The Witch's Familiar: 19:30
Under The Lake: 19:30
Before The Flood: 21:00
The Girl Who Died: 20:20
The Woman Who Lived: 20:20
The Zygon Invasion: 20:15
The Zygon Inversion: 20:00
Sleep No More: 20:15
Face The Raven: 20:10
Heaven Sent: 20:05
Hell Bent: 20:00

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

And More posted:

C'mon, that's a bit harsh. There are at least three decent episode in series one.

Plus you can get them all on one DVD!

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Road safety, perhaps?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
It would probably be possible to scrape this thread and prior threads to find which episodes are the least frequently mentioned. There's your most mediocre.

Anyway, Hide.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I can't even imagine how a Bowie Doctor would have been.

I have the opportunity to meet Colin Baker tomorrow but I can't decide if I should. I've only ever seen one of his serials (two if you count Fiveish).

Bowie would have been the first Doctor to regenerate into himself. Same actor, completely different style and portrayal.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

CommonShore posted:

I had honestly purged that episode from my memory.

How ironic.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
There's plenty of narrative room to extract him from Trenzalore.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
The really clever bit about Trenzalore, though, is that it doesn't matter how much Matt Smith ages.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

jivjov posted:

I'm most worried about the Weeping Angel story...they outstayed their welcome on TV and I'm not sure how they will work in audio

They could just change all of the rules about how Weeping Angels work. That's always worked before.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I was actually tempted to start a Dalek political party a while back.

• Reduced class sizes
  • Reduced NHS waiting lists
  • Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime (humans)
  • An end to rough sleepers in the UK's five largest cities within five years
  • Immigration likely to fall to 0 almost immediately
  • Scottish independence likely to happen almost immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

So, does the parallel universe chicken Colonel serve other chickens, or tiny cage-grown humans?

• Locked thread