Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which non-Power of the Daleks story would you like to see an episode found from?
This poll is closed.
Marco Polo 36 20.69%
The Myth Makers 10 5.75%
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 45 25.86%
The Savages 2 1.15%
The Smugglers 2 1.15%
The Highlanders 45 25.86%
The Macra Terror 21 12.07%
Fury from the Deep 13 7.47%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

CaptainYesterday posted:

My opinion on Torchwood is that every Doctor Who fan needs to watch it, just to know what they're talking about when they say the show had some really stupid ideas in those first two series.

I tried and it was okay until Cyberwoman. Halfway through the episode I was way too embarrassed and turned it off. I think they took it off Netflix not long after and never went back.

On the other hand, I decided to work through the OP's recommendations of classic episodes. I started with Revelation of the Daleks because Six always interested me as a Doctor and I actually really enjoyed it! A lot of the banter between Perri and Six was really fun and got some decent laughs out of me. The cliffhanger at the end of part 1 was hilarious. Maybe it was me expecting a "oh no! Daleks!" only to be greeted with a huge carving of Six falling on top of him.

I was a little surprised at the level of violence in the episode too. So many shootings and stabbings and Davros had his hand shot off. Green blood and all!

I really do enjoy just how cranky and arrogant Six is. Its something I enjoy with Twelve and with Six its maxed out.

Unsure what episode I'll do next but drat I'm looking forward to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I'm going to assume that if Moffat is slated for one more season that Capaldi will follow him out the door.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I heard the theory that when he does all that stuff when in the moments between his disappearances at the end of the episode.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Really there are plenty of times 9 hosed off for a couple of seconds and it allows plenty of time for him to see JFK.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I just hope that we finally get another companion that is more friendly with the Doctor and doesn't have a weird obsession like Clara or wants to bang him like... nearly every other companion.

I'm speaking about the revival series, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Acne Rain posted:

alright, the Girl Who Asked Too Many Questions is okay right now but what's her super-destiny THIS time

She asks the question of the universe

• Locked thread