Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which non-Power of the Daleks story would you like to see an episode found from?
This poll is closed.
Marco Polo 36 20.69%
The Myth Makers 10 5.75%
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 45 25.86%
The Savages 2 1.15%
The Smugglers 2 1.15%
The Highlanders 45 25.86%
The Macra Terror 21 12.07%
Fury from the Deep 13 7.47%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Jerusalem posted:

that sadly includes the second season of Broadchurch.

The first episode of the second season of Broadchurch ticked me off so much I didn't bother watching the rest.

Of course I also don't think he stuck the landing in the first season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Burkion posted:

I mean I hoped she was too, but yeah. Way to cheapen your own work again Moffat. Please stop that.

He's just setting the table for those audio dramas the rest of you nerds love.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

season four had... erm, well it was a bit looser in that sense; it had the stuff about the universe being affected by Davros manipulating reality, didn't it?
Missing bees or some such poo poo.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

cargohills posted:

The new companion is getting announced at half-time during the FA cup semi-final on Saturday: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-04-21/new-doctor-who-companion-to-be-revealed-this-saturday

I'm impressed that they've managed to keep the entire casting process so quiet. Have any rumors come out?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

Also like her look already.
It's so Eighties I love it, and that Prince shirt is a nice, I'm assuming coincidental, homage.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm pretty sure that was in Pulse, not Alias.

Toxxupation posted:

Alias only ran for something like twentysomething issues before being taken off of MAX imprint and folded into the 616 ... so they gave her an unequivocally Happy Ending and folded her into the main continuity

I quibble with this slightly. Yes, Alias was published under the MAX imprint, but it was always taking place within the 616 continuity. One of the points of the series was the contradiction of Jess and the 616. Like how other than Luke, none of the 616 characters swear.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It's cool that he submitted his performance for consideration, but it's also relatively meaningless considering there are 109 submissions for Lead Actor in a Drama.

Fun list to peruse though (really David Boreanaz, you -- or whoever did the submission -- think you deserve an Emmy?)

Also, Matthews Rhys better get nominated this year. :ussr:

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 16, 2016

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Eccleston is today's guest on NPR's Fresh Air. I caught a bit of it driving home for lunch and he was in full rant about how Britain no longer supports working class actors, and how Brexit was the biggest fuckup imaginable. It was pretty glorious, I definitely want to listen to the whole interview once they post the podcast version.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Don't bother with the US version, despite Tennant it is decidedly not good.

Gracepoint deserved a second season more than Broadchurch :colbert:

Despite, y'know, it being an overall inferior product, they ended with an actual idea for what more would look like as opposed to Broadchurch which felt unnecessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

Sure, but baseball has hit films The Sandlot and Field of Dreams going for it.

Bull Durham is the best movie about whacking a ball with a stick.

• Locked thread