Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Carcassonne and Patchwork are our favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

VelociBacon posted:

Any great 2 player iPad board game adaptations? Either on the same iPad or one for each person. Thanks!

Ticket to Ride.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Galaxy trucker.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

"It's your turn"

R2Brew
Oct 15, 2006

Got Sedin?
Agricola. Quirkle is pretty light and fun too.

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009

djfooboo posted:

"It's your turn"

This is terrifying to be unexpectedly woken up by

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I can't even stand to hear it when I have headphones on and I'm listening to music.

BigEyeGuy
Sep 4, 2009
A group of friends and myself released a traditional card game on the iPhone which we are quite proud of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgFJyZOgNzc

It's a straight forward party game with draw/discard mechanics with a twist that makes it quite fun.
You can play against computer AI or online using an awesome match making system that we built:

Download it for free here: http://apple.co/1pX25xv

Download our game - Yaniv for The iOS for free

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Castles of Mad King Ludwig just dropped on iOS. Little buggy for me on an iPhone 6 (had to go to campaign to get into the tutorial) but I'm enjoying it

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

chaoslord posted:

Castles of Mad King Ludwig just dropped on iOS. Little buggy for me on an iPhone 6 (had to go to campaign to get into the tutorial) but I'm enjoying it

Can you confirm/deny that there is online multiplayer in that app? The app store description seems like it could go either way. It mentions Game Center support and says "challenge your friends" but then doesn't explicitly mention online. So that could be GC achievements and local "friend challenging". I'm not interested if there's no online, and $7 is too much to find out for myself.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy
There is none. It seems well-done, though.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Keep in mind Suburbia has gone on sale 10 times since it's release. If you can wait 'til Castles goes on sale, do it.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy
The designer posted a dev diary for the app on Boardgamegeek: https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/54339/developing-castles-iosandroid-phones-tablets

Some interesting stuff in there, and in the comments he says async play coming in an update isn't out of the question.

Meiwaku
Jan 10, 2011

Fun for the whole family!

TACD posted:

Sadly, adult life can make it difficult to find time for everybody to find the time to meet up as often as we’d like.

Sounds great,
which games support async play though as "find the time", being the same time between multiple people, is the hardest part!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Castles is probably unplayable on a regular iphone. The symbols/numbers on the tile panel are just too tiny to be legible. You can zoom in and look at them once they're placed but it's still a hassle

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

SynthOrange posted:

Castles is probably unplayable on a regular iphone. The symbols/numbers on the tile panel are just too tiny to be legible. You can zoom in and look at them once they're placed but it's still a hassle

it's not unplayable on my 6+, but the text and icons ARE a bit small.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

:siren: Twilight Struggle is out for realsies :siren:

Haven't had time to give it a full shakedown yet. Post your impressions and come nuke me :cool:

Meiwaku posted:

Sounds great,
which games support async play though as "find the time", being the same time between multiple people, is the hardest part!
All of the 'favourites' and 'great games' do, as well as several of the others. Ask in the GroupMe if you're not sure!

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
:siren: TWILIGHT STRUGGLE HAS LANDED ON IOS, REPEAT, THE TWILIGHT STRUGGLE IS REAL :siren:

Click here, nerds.

Edit: Beaten like a brand new USA player.

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

Just a quick reminder that Tanto Cuore is still in the app store and available for download.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
loving finally

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
And if you are a kickstarter backer, you have to wait for an email before you can download the game. More waiting!!!!

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

Suicidal Maniac posted:

Just a quick reminder that Tanto Cuore is still in the app store and available for download.

GOTM

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Suicidal Maniac posted:

I might delete it and redownload just for the joy of being able to download it again.

Also, who's down for some Patchwork?? Or I guess Twilight Struggle... Either way, but Patchwork is pretty adorable, you guys.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Any idea how Twilight Struggle runs on an original iPad mini? If it doesn't run well I'll just get it on Steam, but I'd prefer iOS. Similar things like Pandemic run just fine, but not sure since this is new and a smaller dev.

thegreatcodfish
Aug 2, 2004

KamikazeJim posted:

:siren: TWILIGHT STRUGGLE HAS LANDED ON IOS, REPEAT, THE TWILIGHT STRUGGLE IS REAL :siren:

Click here, nerds.

Edit: Beaten like a brand new USA player.

Boo. Is it cross platform with the pc version?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Bottom Liner posted:

Any idea how Twilight Struggle runs on an original iPad mini? If it doesn't run well I'll just get it on Steam, but I'd prefer iOS. Similar things like Pandemic run just fine, but not sure since this is new and a smaller dev.

GroupMe people are reporting poor performance on iPad 3. The original Mini had iPad 2 guts. So you might wanna go Steam on this one.

Also, Playdek are about the biggest dev in iOS board games so not sure what you mean by smaller. Compared to whom? And TS is a bit more complicated than Pandemic as well.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Oh yeah, I forgot it was Playdek. I was assuming smaller since it was a Kickstarter game. Thanks for the info though!

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?

thegreatcodfish posted:

Boo. Is it cross platform with the pc version?

God dammit. What did I even get a 6 plus for, Apple???

R2Brew
Oct 15, 2006

Got Sedin?

dropkickpikachu posted:

God dammit. What did I even get a 6 plus for, Apple???

A Kickstarter update said they are working on iPhone compatibility.

It is cross platform with steam and eventually android players.

Now if only Kickstarter would send me MY loving CODE SO I CAN PLAY GODDAMMIT.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Suicidal Maniac posted:

Zigmidge posted:

loving finally

Dude, it's been out years.

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.

Funso Banjo posted:

Dude, it's been out years.

Just don't forget to play it

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Any kickstarter backers still not get their code? I should have just waited for release rather than backing the kickstarter I guess.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Lord Wexia posted:

Any kickstarter backers still not get their code? I should have just waited for release rather than backing the kickstarter I guess.

Nope, and I was thinking the same thing. What a great reward for helping them get the project accomplished. I'm probably done with using Kickstarter as a preorder for something that's in no danger of not getting produced. gently caress this poo poo.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Us backers also paid more than the release cost on the App Store. Not happy

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Shut up, adults are talking

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Don't support Kickstarter.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Bottom Liner posted:

Don't support Kickstarter.

Things to support on Kickstarter:

Projects that you support that would not otherwise get made.
Projects that have rewards that you know would be impossible to get outside of the Kickstarter.
Projects that you just really want to give money to for some reason and don't care about rewards.

Things not to support on Kickstarter:

Everything else.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

PFlats posted:

Projects that you support that would not otherwise get made.
Projects that have rewards that you know would be impossible to get outside of the Kickstarter. If and only if you know the product is good in the first place because most Kickstarter exclusives are bs marketing gimmicks (see every board game Kickstarter).
Projects that you just really want to give money to for some reason and don't care about rewards.

Slight addition but agreed.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Lord Wexia posted:

Me. :(

They starting with USA backers, because apparently email is hard to automate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Beelzebozo posted:

Nope, and I was thinking the same thing. What a great reward for helping them get the project accomplished. I'm probably done with using Kickstarter as a preorder for something that's in no danger of not getting produced. gently caress this poo poo.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I looked at the KS page and there's a comment from GMT saying something about how since we paid $15, we get some additional content like an alternate map and a couple of other things. All I really want to play on is the basic map though so yeah I am feeling a bit ripped off. I would have been happy to just support Playdek and GMT directly and pay the $7 or whatever they are charging now.

• Locked thread