Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Lord Wexia posted:

Any kickstarter backers still not get their code? I should have just waited for release rather than backing the kickstarter I guess.
Given the way the App Store works, I don't see how codes for iOS app backers could be anything other than delayed. The very best case scenario, if a company really has their poo poo together, is that the codes are made available a few hours after the app goes live. Unless I'm misunderstanding something?

Apple just really has no interest in making this kind of setup work for developers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, they can't start generating backer codes until the app is live, since they basically just buy gift copies for backers, as far as I know? That kind of reward structure is a straight up bad idea when the App Store is involved. I'd ask for a Steam copy.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
It's almost as if Kickstarter isn't inherently a preorder service

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
From the same TS kickstarter update.

quote:

We are happy to report that it appears Playdek has worked out the issue with Apple that was holding up the distribution process.

quote:

Delivery to our International Backers is going to be a little more difficult. Playdek needs to know which type of device (iPad/iPhone) you are going use to play the game. Please send a message to support@playdekgames.com, identifying which device you want to play the game on (iPad/iPhone) and make sure to include your Kickstarter e-mail address. We apologize for the additional inconvenience this might cause, but they need this information for the international distribution process to continue.

Someday I'm going to play the game and it's going to be awesome :bang:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Hey Bummey, I think I posted in the last thread that I'd been accidentally been banned from the GroupMe due to the way I was originally removed, then forgot to check back into the thread, sorry! Looking to tee up some Twilight Struggle games, may I get off the blacklist?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

KamikazeJim posted:

:siren: TWILIGHT STRUGGLE HAS LANDED ON IOS, REPEAT, THE TWILIGHT STRUGGLE IS REAL :siren:

We need a new thread title.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Is there no step back function? I am dumb and blind if there is because all I can see is the undo button which restarts your whole turn including phase prompts and animations and that kind of blows for 45 minute timer games.

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.

Jedit posted:

We need a new thread title.

Apple is a Tanto, and we are the Cuore

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

Quickpull posted:

Apple is a Tanto, and we are the Cuore

I miss Kelthorn

durty
Jan 28, 2009
I'm pretty sure kelthorn died

RIP

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Suicidal Maniac posted:

I miss Kelthorn

Because of QP's awesome dad joke, right...? :v:

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

Hey, just a heads up that Galaxy of Trian is free right now. It's a kickstarted Carc-like that no one has tried and is probably not very good but hey it's free.

As far as I can tell it's only free for today, so if you're gonna grab it, grab it now.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It's a good game, nice interesting mechanical twist on Carcassonne, but the devs are idiots and it's free today because that's the only way they can give it out to Kickstarter backers in a timely fashion :lol:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bottom Liner posted:

It's a good game, nice interesting mechanical twist on Carcassonne, but the devs are idiots and it's free today because that's the only way they can give it out to Kickstarter backers in a timely fashion :lol:

Galaxy of Trian is honestly terrible. Free's the right price for it.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Yeah I wasn't very impressed with the game itself and the app is janky. The scoreboard cracks me up; it's somehow so slow that you can watch it load player names and score and then sort itself in realtime.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

That link sure doesn't go to Galaxy of Trian.

durty
Jan 28, 2009
Seems to work fine for me?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It's entirely possible I missed the joke so don't mind me.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

If there was a joke there I guess I missed it too. Definitely not galaxy of trian though.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
When I clicked it, it went to that weird anime card game that everyone in here always talks about.

I can't judge them however as apparently I own it?

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Is the anime card game legit good, or is this one of those Bad Rats ironic things? I like Dominion, and one of the reviews said it's basically Dominion with anime titties.

But most of the reviews seem to focus on how it's a good anime game, soooooo.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It's literally a creepy anime reskin of Dominion.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
Maybe we should do a game of the month type thing and make Tanto Cuore GOTM?

Kelthorn
Nov 22, 2003

Posting in a tanto thread

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

Kelthorn posted:

Yessssssss

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Bullbar posted:

Maybe we should do a game of the month type thing and make Tanto Cuore GOTM?

Could you start a thread for this? And maybe run it? TIA

Kelthorn posted:

That av was so worth whatever durty or SM paid for it. :allears:

Niemat fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 20, 2016

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

It's literally a creepy anime reskin of Dominion.

There's not a lot of things I would say creepy anime is better than.

But Dominion base art would be one of them. Good game, awful awful art.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Funso Banjo posted:

There's not a lot of things I would say creepy anime is better than.

But Dominion base art would be one of them. Good game, awful awful art.

I respectfully disagree.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Dominion art is charming

Tanto art is... whatever the complete opposite of charming is

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Uncharming

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Vomit Inducing.

Ok enough poo poo-posting, let's talk non-board games that feel like board games. Stuff like Hero Academy, Out There, New World Colony, Polytopia, etc. Any other recommendations?

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Bottom Liner posted:

Vomit Inducing.

Ok enough poo poo-posting, let's talk non-board games that feel like board games. Stuff like Hero Academy, Out There, New World Colony, Polytopia, etc. Any other recommendations?

outwitters always felt like a more complete version of hero academy. also subterfuge.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

Vomit Inducing.

Five Card Quest always felt board gamey to me.

I supposed KoDP could be a board game with a DM and a shitton of dice rolling.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

jubelio posted:

outwitters

Oh this looks great, a lot like Advance Wars. Can you explain the various iAP and if any is necessary to compete?

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Bottom Liner posted:

Oh this looks great, a lot like Advance Wars. Can you explain the various iAP and if any is necessary to compete?

IAP consists of extra teams but the team balance is very strong and bonus maps (that you can play on for free in ranked games) and cosmetic stuff like changing your castle's appearance also increasing your maximum games you can be playing at one time. It's all pretty low impact and you need 0% of the IAP to become a top ranked player. I have played on and off for years, it is a fantastic game.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Thanks, sounds exactly like what I wanted.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

Thanks, sounds exactly like what I wanted.

oh crap I forgot it uses game center... so it might be kinda dead :(

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.
If what you're looking for is Advance Wars, then Warbits is what you want.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Quickpull posted:

If what you're looking for is Advance Wars, then Warbits is what you want.

I see this has a campaign, but does it also let you play against the AI in skirmishes/quick play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.

Bottom Liner posted:

I see this has a campaign, but does it also let you play against the AI in skirmishes/quick play?

Just tried it out, and yes you can.

• Locked thread