Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Your moderators:

Live stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti2Nokoq1J4

IRC:
https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=EU.synirc.net%3A%2B7001&channel=%23Poligoon

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-watch-sundays-democratic-debate/

quote:

Democratic presidential candidates will gather in Charleston South Carolina on Sunday January 17 for the latest debate.

The fourth debate between candidates is co-hosted by NBC and YouTube, with coverage starting at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT). The debate is scheduled to start at 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT).

Unlike previous debates which featured multiple rounds full of candidates, Sunday's gathering will only have three participants: former secretary of state Hillary Clinton, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, and former Maryland governor Martin O'Malley.

For those with access to local NBC programming, the debate will be carried live. For those who've cut the cord, you watch the debate using one of the methods outlined below:

Tune into NBC's YouTube channel at YouTube.com/NBCNews.

Use the NBC News app for Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV or Roku.

Apple TV owners can search the App Store for "NBC News."

NBC News notes the official hashtag for the debate is #DemDebate, which will allow you to follow along or contribute to social commentary.

This is probably O'Malley's last debate before he gets booted for low polling:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/01/14/nbc-invites-martin-omalley-debate-clinton-sanders/78793982/

quote:

NBC News invited all three Democratic presidential candidates to debate Sunday night in Charleston, S.C., including Martin O'Malley.

There had been some doubt whether O'Malley would be included under polling criteria announced by NBC last week, but the network included the former Maryland governor, along with Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, when it made its formal announcement Thursday

"The forum will be the presidential hopefuls’ final chance to face each other directly and make their cases to a national audience before the first ballots are cast in Iowa and New Hampshire," NBC noted.

The debate comes in the wake of polls showing Clinton and Sanders nearly tied ahead of the Iowa caucuses on Feb. 1 and with Sanders in the lead in New Hampshire, which hosts a primary on Feb. 9. O'Malley, who had protested his possible exclusion from the debate in South Carolina, is well back in third place in all three states and nationally.

EugeneJ has issued a correction as of 00:16 on Jan 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
More like O'Malley's last debate before he drops out.

Also, Hillary will win. Again.

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU-RuR-qO4Y

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
O'Malley won't drop out until he does horribly in Iowa, like all of the kiddie table Republicans.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

trapped mouse posted:

O'Malley won't drop out until he does horribly in Iowa, like all of the kiddie table Republicans.

He will do horribly in Iowa.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Concerned Citizen posted:

He will do horribly in Iowa.

Yep. Hence the "until". His political advisors are probably telling him differently though.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lin-a2lTelg

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm glad we have Martin O'Malley to give us 90 second bathroom breaks

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
big government intervention kept this thread alive

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Logikv9 posted:

big government intervention kept this thread alive

Break up the big threads

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Thanks, Obama

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Have to clean up my bookmarks now. Government overreach strikes again causing the little man to clean up after it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

blue squares posted:

I'm glad we have Martin O'Malley to give us 90 second bathroom breaks

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
they should let Martin O'Malley have a guitar and deliver all his responses in song

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This is really a debate where I don't want MOM to be there

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
don't give o'malley a mic and instead make him yell his responses

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Logikv9 posted:

don't give o'malley a mic and instead make him yell his responses

Start a kiddie table debate at 8:00pm where it's just MOM debating himself

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Who are the debate moderators?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

Lester Holt

This debate's all 'bout blackness

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

here I just checked the other thread for you

Joementum posted:

Venue: Gaillard Center, Charleston, South Carolina
Moderators: NBC News' Lester Holt, Andrea Mitchell, Chuck Todd and YouTube creators Connor Franta, Marques Brownlee, MinuteEarth and Franchesca Ramsey
Sponsors: NBC News, YouTube, the Congressional Black Caucus Institute, and the South Carolina Democratic Party

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Why is there no poll!

Somebody wants to keep the people of YCS from casting their votes for Baby Hitler! It's a conspiracy!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Xenophon posted:

here I just checked the other thread for you

The truth about Joe: account sharing scandal exposed! :stonk:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
oh poo poo mkbhd is moderating this? can't wait for a question about what gadgets the candidates use

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Logikv9 posted:

oh poo poo mkbhd is moderating this? can't wait for a question about what gadgets the candidates use

Jeb-Bush-Apple-Watch.gif

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

EugeneJ posted:

Before he enters, the moderators instruct the audience to clap for 10 seconds after each MOM response to boost his spirits. Poor little guy's had a hard time lately.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

MOM forced to debate from the hallway via skype or loud shouting

wishes the line for the ladies' room wouldn't keep cutting in front of him on camera

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Alternatively, MOM placed in dummy debate room with smiling cardboard people as the audience

gives a stellar performance

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

EugeneJ posted:

Bring back Webb and Chafee for the unidentified man to have partners

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

AssassinPrincess posted:

Alternatively, MOM placed in dummy debate room with smiling cardboard people as the audience

Creepy animatronics of the moderators ask him questions but halfway through its jaw breaks and shudders for the rest of the debate. MOM is none the wiser or at least is just happy someone cares

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
MOM comes out in drag, claims to want to be the first woman president

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

bernie where the poll is?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

AssassinPrincess posted:

Amy Poehler and Larry David also attend as his debate competitors.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

EugeneJ posted:

Your moderators:

Good OP. :patriot:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

That Bernie dude better not cough even once, or we'll force him to go through a live checkup the next debate.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

mike12345 posted:

That Bernie dude better not cough even once, or we'll force him to go through a live checkup the next debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP_J6gmJYiU

Check this poo poo out

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Well he hauls more rear end than I would, gets my vote

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Ugh, 9 PM.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/688805749984768000

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joe, since this is obviously the opposite of what's happening, do you think it's a good strategy to fly under the radar and let the focus be on the GOP eating itself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Aliquid posted:

Joe, since this is obviously the opposite of what's happening, do you think it's a good strategy to fly under the radar and let the focus be on the GOP eating itself?

No. Both the DNC and RNC decided that there were too many debates in 2008/2012 and took steps to limit them this time.

Both are regretting it. Debates don't weaken front-runners, like the parties thought, they make it clear why they are frontrunners.

Also, having a network broadcast a 2-3 hour commercial for your party free of charge doesn't hurt.

• Locked thread