Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Hiding someone the DNC allegedly believes is the next, best hope for America behind a curtain is so loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Killer Mike will be working the spin room tonight for Bernie.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Joementum posted:

what does this mean?

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

blue squares posted:

what does this mean?

It means great things, because Killer Mike is great.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Joementum posted:

That's loving awesome

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Maybe a stupid question, but I'm watching the debate via live stream with a friend tonight but she won't get here until 7PT. Is it possible to pause the live stream when it starts and continue it after an hour so we don't miss anything?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Maybe a stupid question, but I'm watching the debate via live stream with a friend tonight but she won't get here until 7PT. Is it possible to pause the live stream when it starts and continue it after an hour so we don't miss anything?

That'll depend on the streaming service you use, the Youtube stream should be the most reliable to do that with.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

fishmech posted:

That'll depend on the streaming service you use, the Youtube stream should be the most reliable to do that with.

Cool. I plug my ps4 directly with ethernet so if I start the YouTube stream and pause it and wait, it should pick up where it left off? That's good to know.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Cool. I plug my ps4 directly with ethernet so if I start the YouTube stream and pause it and wait, it should pick up where it left off? That's good to know.

I'm not sure how it works on the PS4's youtube app, but it works on regular computer browser Youtube.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Democratic Primary Debate and chill?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

blue squares posted:

what does this mean?

It means I hope NBC reporters like having conspiracy theories rambled to them because I fuckin love Killer Mike but going by some interviews I've heard of him that man is probably actually a little insane.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It means I hope NBC reporters like having conspiracy theories rambled to them because I fuckin love Killer Mike but going by some interviews I've heard of him that man is probably actually a little insane.

I'd rather hear Immortal Technique shill for Bernie on MSNBC

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Joementum posted:

:patriot:

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
Also, if Bernie wins, we'll probably see more of Killer Mike. As in, I wouldn't be surprised if he's involved some way in the Bernie administration. :bernin:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dahbadu posted:

Also, if Bernie wins, we'll probably see more of Killer Mike. As in, I wouldn't be surprised if he's involved some way in the Bernie administration. :bernin:

I want nothing more than Press Secretary Killer Mike.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Dahbadu posted:

I want it to be the opposite of Luther the Anger Translator: Bernie starts shouting about income inequality and waving his hands, and Killer Mike quietly sits down in an armchair and paraphrases.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I want nothing more than Press Secretary Killer Mike.

He'd wear this:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Joementum posted:

No. Both the DNC and RNC decided that there were too many debates in 2008/2012 and took steps to limit them this time.

Both are regretting it. Debates don't weaken front-runners, like the parties thought, they make it clear why they are frontrunners.

Also, having a network broadcast a 2-3 hour commercial for your party free of charge doesn't hurt.

So DWS and Rince Pribus are both loving idiots.

News at 11, I guess, it's not like anyone was unsure on this subject.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

AssassinPrincess posted:

I want it to be the opposite of Luther the Anger Translator: Bernie starts shouting about income inequality and waving his hands, and Killer Mike quietly sits down in an armchair and paraphrases.

I never realized how much I need this in my life until now.

The worst part is it would work really really well, considering how eloquently Mike is able to just spit knowledge out in an understandable way.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I look forward to the first Presidential primary rap battle debate of 2020 ft. Kanye vs Killer Mike

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bernie just dropped his health plan:

https://berniesanders.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Medicare-for-All.pdf

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

No wealth tax, smdh Bernie

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Shhh, I know debates are exciting, but please everyone, stay very still. Here, take these binoculars. If we're in luck we may catch a glimpse of that most elusive of all candidates, the fabled Blue Martin.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

He's such a nice man.

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I am trying to listen to the conversation between Chuck Todd and Bernie Sanders's campaign manager, but the loud gospel choir in the background is distracting me and making it hard for me to concentrate on the interview.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

I want to see the breakdown on the estimates and what the economic impact of gutting the entire health insurance industry would be, but if this bears out under scrutiny I will :toxx: for the max allowable donation to Sanders. My mother and grandmother both died in the past year due at least in part to lovely expensive medical procedures that still fell short of what was necessary to save them. If this represents a real chance for someone somewhere to be spared what my son and I went through, it'll be worth the investment.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Math Debater posted:

I am trying to listen to the conversation between Chuck Todd and Bernie Sanders's campaign manager, but the loud gospel choir in the background is distracting me and making it hard for me to concentrate on the interview.

I loved it, I felt it matched the vibe, social justice Martin Luther King all that

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
We've gone from 'he marched with MLK don't criticize him' to 'he's basically the next MLK' which is cool and good I guess

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
In this debate between Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton, and Aiden Gillan we will hear Bernie Sanders put forth his vision for America which is frankly the most beneficial and mature of any candidate running for President in the year 2016.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Nancy Pelosi: "the Affordable Care Act needs a chance to do its job"

Stop picking on the poor ACA!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Jim Webb just retweeted this, so he's apparently still alive.

https://twitter.com/WebbNation2016/status/688745601312358400

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Cephalocidal posted:

I want to see the breakdown on the estimates and what the economic impact of gutting the entire health insurance industry would be, but if this bears out under scrutiny I will :toxx: for the max allowable donation to Sanders. My mother and grandmother both died in the past year due at least in part to lovely expensive medical procedures that still fell short of what was necessary to save them. If this represents a real chance for someone somewhere to be spared what my son and I went through, it'll be worth the investment.

You probably won't see an indepth look at Bernie's plan. He just sprung it on Hillary last minute, so she probably hasn't had the time to scrutinize it as would be needed. You'll definitely see a response and even an indepth critique of it this month. Sorry about lost, friend.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/BeschlossDC/status/688892300928274432

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Joementum posted:

Jim Webb just retweeted this, so he's apparently still alive.

https://twitter.com/WebbNation2016/status/688745601312358400

So either Webb independent run or Trump/Webb '16 confirmed depending on how you read this.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Get hype

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Wow the Clinton representative sounds pretty slimy

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Hillary's campaign shill is saying how Bernie's plan isn't detailed, it's a "shell" plan and a "press release" and "details matter when you're running for President." gently caress this guy

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

So did DWS arbitrarily include O'Malley though he polls in like the sub 1%? I have been unplugged from how the DNC has been trying to bury Bernie so I don't know the latest scuttlebutt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Is that real? hahah

(The Martin questions)

• Locked thread