Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Hillary's campaign shill is saying how Bernie's plan isn't detailed, it's a "shell" plan and a "press release" and "details matter when you're running for President." gently caress this guy

meanwhile hillarys plan is: ??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Joementum posted:

Jim Webb just retweeted this, so he's apparently still alive.

https://twitter.com/WebbNation2016/status/688745601312358400

I love Lincoln Chafee and I'm excited for his independent run!

For the last minute Bernie health plan trap, I'm genuinely curious how it's going to play out on the debate floor. While it is last minute, HRC isn't exactly short on people (or money) and there's probably a ridiculous amount of analysis / talking point writing happening right now.

Will she attack him for purposely releasing it last minute, or will she be framed as whiny? Will she have another tactic prepared? Is this a turning point for Bernie's previously poor debate performances? Will the unidentified man speak, or only speak when spoken to? I love debates :allears:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Hillary's campaign shill is saying how Bernie's plan isn't detailed, it's a "shell" plan and a "press release" and "details matter when you're running for President." gently caress this guy

He's not wrong.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Turnquiet posted:

So did DWS arbitrarily include O'Malley though he polls in like the sub 1%? I have been unplugged from how the DNC has been trying to bury Bernie so I don't know the latest scuttlebutt.

He qualified under the rules, which just required him getting 5% in a poll, which he did in a couple Iowa polls.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

euphemism posted:

Obamacare

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This cancer fraud thing on Dateline I'm watching on NBC while waiting for the debate is yet another thing to add to Michigan's "poo poo state resume". They're trying for the crown that Florida currently holds.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Jesus I wanna punch this guy in the face

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

blue squares posted:

He's not wrong.

Really? He does give specific tax rates and expenditure projections, so it would seem instead of saying "this is why this is a bad plan," just accusing him of bullshit and not having enough details makes the campaign look threatened.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Turnquiet posted:

So did DWS arbitrarily include O'Malley though he polls in like the sub 1%? I have been unplugged from how the DNC has been trying to bury Bernie so I don't know the latest scuttlebutt.

He doesn't poll sub 1%. His national average is about 2%, and he managed to get a poll at 5% in either NH or IA in the past 4 weeks.

He'd peaked at 4.7% in national poll averages at the end of December, as well.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yoshifan823 posted:

This cancer fraud thing on Dateline I'm watching on NBC while waiting for the debate is yet another thing to add to Michigan's "poo poo state resume". They're trying for the crown that Florida currently holds.

Governor Snyder is pretty much a piece of poo poo especially if you followed the whole Detroit bankruptcy process.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Logikv9 posted:

I love Lincoln Chafee and I'm excited for his independent run!

For the last minute Bernie health plan trap, I'm genuinely curious how it's going to play out on the debate floor. While it is last minute, HRC isn't exactly short on people (or money) and there's probably a ridiculous amount of analysis / talking point writing happening right now.

Will she attack him for purposely releasing it last minute, or will she be framed as whiny? Will she have another tactic prepared? Is this a turning point for Bernie's previously poor debate performances? Will the unidentified man speak, or only speak when spoken to? I love debates :allears:

I don't think she will be so obvious as to say he released it now because he is afraid of scrutiny, but she will take issue with the tax increases as being too high. People don't like paying more taxes, and it will be easier for her to score points this way, even if it isn't presented fairly

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Stay classy Drudge :bravo:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

euphemism posted:

Trade off parts of the ACA that Republicans don't like for 'middle class' tax breaks that will mainly benefit the wealthy. Pragmatically compromise and negotiate moderate center right positions without being bothered by such pesky details as conscience, principles or vision. Politician stuff.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

blue squares posted:

Is that real? hahah

(The Martin questions)

My screenshot from the feed. Those are really real.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I want nothing more than Press Secretary Killer Mike.

"I'll leave with four words: President Sanders loving owns"

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Really? He does give specific tax rates and expenditure projections, so it would seem instead of saying "this is why this is a bad plan," just accusing him of bullshit and not having enough details makes the campaign look threatened.

It's like 4 pages of details. The ACA is thousands. Bernie could by no means just hand that plan to congress and say "do this." There is nothing about how the actual healthcare would be implemented and spending breakdowns for the 1.3 trillion

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Yoshifan823 posted:

I'm watching 60 minutes instead and they're talking about mountain lions in LA and it's cool

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol

blue squares posted:

It's like 4 pages of details. The ACA is thousands. Bernie could by no means just hand that plan to congress and say "do this." There is nothing about how the actual healthcare would be implemented and spending breakdowns for the 1.3 trillion

its almost as if in the full bill you have to write out every little thing and no presidential candidate has ever put up a fully complete bill as part of their campaign

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

fishmech posted:

He doesn't poll sub 1%. His national average is about 2%, and he managed to get a poll at 5% in either NH or IA in the past 4 weeks.

He'd peaked at 4.7% in national poll averages at the end of December, as well.

Hillary is the most competent debater in the primary who will consistently wipe the floor with Bernie on foreign policy and defense, but because bullshit went down in 2008 the DNC foolishly tried to protect her by limiting debates and keeping a rodeo clown around to keep the heat off

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol

its almost as if in the full bill you have to write out every little thing and no presidential candidate has ever put up a fully complete bill as part of their campaign

its still has no information on how the money would be spent. it's literally a shell of a bill, just like the guy said

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
The debate stream is kinda cutting out. Anyone have an alternative streaming site?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

blue squares posted:

its still has no information on how the money would be spent

well, i'm just guessing here, but i'd assume it would be on the stuff medicare usually buys like medicine, surgeries, doctor visits

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol what a bunch of bs

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i guess this means hillarys going to continue doing dumb attacks

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dahbadu posted:

The debate stream is kinda cutting out. Anyone have an alternative streaming site?

These are usually in the OP, so check there.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
actually i'm legitimately wondering what are the contents of the UHC bill Sanders has (presumably?) sacrificed to the Senate Gods? Is it completely detailed as a proper law would be, or is it more of a framework since he knows it didn't have a chance in hell anyway?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Dahbadu posted:

NBC on your local airwaves

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Logikv9 posted:

actually i'm legitimately wondering what are the contents of the UHC bill Sanders has (presumably?) sacrificed to the Senate Gods? Is it completely detailed as a proper law would be, or is it more of a framework since he knows it didn't have a chance in hell anyway?

Sort of in between

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lol i'm honestly a little surprised DWS and bernie shook hands

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Not a Step posted:

Hillary is the most competent debater in the primary who will consistently wipe the floor with Bernie on foreign policy and defense, but because bullshit went down in 2008 the DNC foolishly tried to protect her by limiting debates and keeping a rodeo clown around to keep the heat off

You're really not paying attention to things if you think there was wacky poo poo done to get O'Malley in. He just barely squeaked by on long-set restrictions, and he probably won't make it next month unless he really picks up again, to the point he was at the end of 2015.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lol what a bunch of bs

How the hell is he making it up as he goes? It's been the same messages he's been presenting for years

badatom
Dec 10, 2011
O'Malley getting totally ignored walking by on the stream. Poor guy.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:lol: They interrupt Andrea to say Hillary is entering, but you can't see her. Meanwhile, Martin is walking right past the camera and Andrea has to stop and point at him.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Holy poo poo lol that Sanders/DWC handshake.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

The gently caress is Martin Omalley doing here

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

im worried, sanders hair looks well combed

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lol "we've seen this primary become the republican primary"

oh man i had no idea a couple of bruised elbows was the same as oompa-loompa hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well, i'm just guessing here, but i'd assume it would be on the stuff medicare usually buys like medicine, surgeries, doctor visits

Medicare currently has 50 million people. Adding another 250 million to that means you need to do more than say "all the stuff medicare usually buys." UHC is my #1 issue and Bernie's plan shows how unattainable it is. I'm kind of bummed right now. Even though I should have known better

• Locked thread