Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

blue squares posted:

Medicare currently has 50 million people. Adding another 250 million to that means you need to do more than say "all the stuff medicare usually buys." UHC is my #1 issue and Bernie's plan shows how unattainable it is. I'm kind of bummed right now. Even though I should have known better

He's just gonna tax everyone, who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Ah gently caress I have to listen to Chuck Todd for the next hour. gently caress.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
lol Universal Health Care is not unattainable as evidenced by the many countries that have had it for decades.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Puppy Galaxy posted:

The gently caress is Martin Omalley doing here

He got a 5% poll in Iowa at the beginning of the month.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Logikv9 posted:

actually i'm legitimately wondering what are the contents of the UHC bill Sanders has (presumably?) sacrificed to the Senate Gods? Is it completely detailed as a proper law would be, or is it more of a framework since he knows it didn't have a chance in hell anyway?

More the latter but it's not a total 'shell'. He has details but spoiler alert it's MAINLY a vessel for him to deliver his hot sexy tax plan with a general 'also UHC is good'. Clinton isn't wrong that there's very little actual UHC details in his 'UHC release'

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Lol youtube turned off the comments for the debate live stream. Good move.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Proposition Joe posted:

lol Universal Health Care is not unattainable as evidenced by the many countries that have had it for decades.

I'm talking about the current political situation in the United States.

"Electable is not a word you hear often in Iowa" - Chuck Todd
lmao

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
What's the over/under on whether Hillary will be late back to stage after a break?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Proposition Joe posted:

Like many problems it really speaks to how the US probably should be three large countries in a coalition.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Joementum posted:

What's the over/under on whether Hillary will be late back to stage after a break?

she needs one of those cool funnel things

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
i'm so excited
i just can't hide it

i know
i know
i know
i know
i feel the burn yeah
the burn yeah

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

More the latter but it's not a total 'shell'. He has details but spoiler alert it's MAINLY a vessel for him to deliver his hot sexy tax plan with a general 'also UHC is good'. Clinton isn't wrong that there's very little actual UHC details in his 'UHC release'

Exactly. It's a tax plan, not a healthcare plan.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
lol that press release is weak as hell, and it seems like that's gonna be her line of attack which is gonna leave her open to tons of counter attacks on her positions that have "evolved"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

I hope she is and she doubles down just to personally troll Trump.

"Hey, sorry I'm late I was taking a huge poo poo, anyway the economy"

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Is this the very first debate on network television? Its nice to not have to watch a delayed internet stream

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Has Chuck Todd always had a lisp? I swear this is the first time I have noticed it.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
bernie's face is kinda cramped in that photo, intro dude

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

This is a great "Previously on..."

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

At least NBC was smart enough to disable chat in their YouTube stream.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I don't like Hillary's outfit :( Not good fashion.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Oh hey its -not- a Repub debate.

badatom
Dec 10, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Like many problems it really speaks to how the US probably should be three large countries in a coalition.

Clintonia, Sanderstan and Trumpica. The question is, who gets Ohio? Just need to know if I have to move.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Question 1: Do white lives matter or do all lives matter?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

blue squares posted:

Is this the very first debate on network television? Its nice to not have to watch a delayed internet stream

No, they've done them on ABC and CBS too. That's part of the reason they've been on the weekend. The networks aren't giving up prime time for this.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

blue squares posted:

This is a great "Previously on..."

Especially the part where they didn't have O'Malley say anything :haw:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
lester holt more like loster nolt

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

badatom posted:

Clintonia, Sanderstan and Trumpica. The question is, who gets Ohio? Just need to know if I have to move.

*checks the map*

Says here Ohio actually gets shot into the sun. Yeesh, tough break there.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Tatum Girlparts posted:

*checks the map*

you misspelled florida

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Secretary Clinton, is it true you had your spine surgically removed so you could follow the political winds no matter which way they may blow?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Brian Williams remembers moderating this debate.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Tatum Girlparts posted:

*checks the map*

Thats a shame, a lot of good people fled to outer space in order to get away from Ohio...

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

blue squares posted:

November's was on CBS. December's was on ABC. And February's going to be on PBS.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
You can tell this is a dem debate the crowd isn't 99% white.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

blue squares posted:

Question 1: Do white lives matter or do all lives matter?

:siren: :911: :siren: :911: :siren:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tatum Girlparts posted:

can Texas be a territory or something in this arrangement? Like I'm fine with a Puerto Rico-type arrangement, where they're citizens but have no representation.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
I heard Sanders will have a great intro speech to give. Really unique, and original.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
questions from youtube?

:stonk:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Logikv9 posted:

you misspelled florida

Oh we're giving that to Cuba, they have to take it if they want the embargo lifted, it's all here in this bar napkin with "gently caress THIS GAY EARTH" written above it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Logikv9 posted:

you misspelled florida

Hey, some of us goons live here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Things I'm excited to hear about: Iran, racial issues, healthcare
Things I'm not excited to hear about: Donald Trump, anything anyone from YouTube cares about, Martin O'Malley's continued existence.

• Locked thread