Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

Bernie Sanders will be the death of the moderate and acceptable wing of the Democratic party.

We can only hope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Has anyone come up with a proper word to describe a vote for the Iraq occupation? Bernie uses "mistake" a lot, but that seems way to neutral to me. "Blunder" is a little better perhaps, but it also sounds too much like "party foul."

I'm tired of an egregious moral failure being whitewashed as a strategic error.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

But real talk, strategic failure is important to the discourse. The thing about Republicans and Moderate Dems is that they paint their lovely viewpoints as pragmatism. It's how they sidestep the moral issues of unrestrained capitalism or war. Bernie is smart because he deconstructs that false sense of pragmatism. The moral discourse around Iraq is a crapshoot because you end up with people like Hilary who will defend their ignorance or people who believe that the Saddam being a huge piece of poo poo justified their actions. It's harder to argue that Iraq wasn't just really loving awful foreign policy.

Oh yeah absolutely. Really important for Bernie to undercut all that "pragmatism" crap, especially with Hillary basically running on "competence."

• Locked thread