Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Wow the Clinton representative sounds pretty slimy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

euphemism posted:

meanwhile hillarys plan is: ??????

Trade off parts of the ACA that Republicans don't like for 'middle class' tax breaks that will mainly benefit the wealthy. Pragmatically compromise and negotiate moderate center right positions without being bothered by such pesky details as conscience, principles or vision. Politician stuff.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

fishmech posted:

He doesn't poll sub 1%. His national average is about 2%, and he managed to get a poll at 5% in either NH or IA in the past 4 weeks.

He'd peaked at 4.7% in national poll averages at the end of December, as well.

Hillary is the most competent debater in the primary who will consistently wipe the floor with Bernie on foreign policy and defense, but because bullshit went down in 2008 the DNC foolishly tried to protect her by limiting debates and keeping a rodeo clown around to keep the heat off

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Secretary Clinton, is it true you had your spine surgically removed so you could follow the political winds no matter which way they may blow?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Bernie only has one speed: economic stump speech

He knows nothing else.

Not even casually mentioning he marched with MLK after Hillary opened the door.

Fake edit: Ahahahaha O'Malley has to introduce himself

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Gamma Nerd posted:

nah you're going to see him say other things during debates

I bet you he does not

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I will make wages go up again, rather than down.

Thanks Mike!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

"Military style assault weapons" is a really dumb phrase and causes Dems to lose credibility in uttering it.

Gun terms used by the general public are always vague and dumb. Getting mad about it is like getting mad about clippazines.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

MOM getting in sick burns on both candidates, doing Bernie's job for him

NO STOP TELLING STORIES MOM NO ONE CARES

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Time to end the war on drugs then Hillary. Are you actually going to say it?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Needs More Ditka posted:

we need to enact background checks for the sale of rope

Hanging takes planning and a lot of effort. Looking down a barrel after downing a handle of Jack is easy

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Needs More Ditka posted:

i'm only responding because i got more than one response on this:

I do not seriously advocate background checks for rope, nor do I disagree with background checks for guns. I'm making fun of the circus both parties are putting in front of me for this election in this, the post-reality era.

Poe's Law at work

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

rscott posted:

Most gun suicides happen to be older white men who probably have owned their guns for a long time

Theres actually an under reported suicide epidemic amongst older white guys, especially those with only a high school education or less

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

Hilary, you'd better say that the war on drugs is poo poo.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Avocados posted:

source? sounds interesting

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/27/whi...lass_privilege/

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS IMPOSSIBLE STOP ASKING ABOUT GODDAMNIT

THIS CAR HAS SERVED THIS FAMILY JUST FINE FOR TEN YEARS AND I DONT CARE THAT THE TIRES ARE FALLING OFF AND THE ENGINE IS SPEWING OIL AND SOOT, THIS IS THE FAMILY CAR GODDAMNIT

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

THIS FAMILY HAS ALWAYS BEEN HORSE BUGGY WHIP MANUFACTURERS. THIS 'AUTOMOBILE' THING WILL NEVER TAKE OFF, ITS ALL A FANTASY

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

"As someone who has experience standing up to the health insurance industry" - Hillary Clinton, 2016

"I know how much money influences political decision making" - Hillary Clinton, 2016

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Bernie's voice can't take it. He isn't pacing himself. Cmon Bernie, use the roar of the people's voice!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Bernie will never do anything but his economic stump speech. When foreign policy and defense come up he will ignore everything, call being split over Iran dumb and go back to pounding UHC. He has one note, but honestly its probably the single most important note in the election so go for it Bernie!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Is it just me or was Hillary a smoother speaker in previous debates? She sounds almost mechanical in this debate.

Also lol that moment when Hillary was asked why Sanders is beating her so soundly with younger voters. You could just see the 'ITS HAPPENING AGAIN! OBAAAAMAAAAA' in her eyes before she stammered out an answer.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

That was a sick Bern on Hillary's speaking fees

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

OBAMA DID NOTHING WRONG

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Hey, I wonder which President is responsible for overseeing the repeal of Glass-Steagall, necessitating Dodd-Frank a decade later?

I WONDER WHO IT COULD BE!?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

etalian posted:

Dodd-Frank ended up being a joke in terms of punishing the big wall street banks

Thats the other half of the joke.

Also holy poo poo when did Mike show up to the debate!?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

You know what governor? gently caress YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

THE LAST POINT ON THIS...

Hillary crosses her fingers below the podium, hoping and praying this is the last point on this

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Things are looking bad for Hillary on this...

THE REPUBLICANS ARE SO MUCH WORSE THAN ME!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

Not being nice to Bernie Sanders, obviously.

Bernie Sanders is all talk and no action. He's a moralist who deals in absolutes, not a realist who understands the possibilities for incremental improvement.

Bernie Sanders for Lord of the Sith

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

MOM jumps in, Sanders steals the momentum

But yeah, its being willfully dense after a certain point to scream BUT TAXES when the man is trying to explain to you hes getting rid of healthcare premiums so its a net gain

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

So fight on the margins, not for ~a political revolution~. Bernie Sanders says he's for starting a political revolution, yet he only says so on television.

Doesn't Senator Sanders understand that the revolution will not be televised? How much more out of touch with the soul of black America could you get?

I didn't order any nuts with this word salad

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

So is foreign policy coming up?

gently caress it Bernie, keep pushing that stump speech. Who the gently caress even cares about a bunch of goddamn deserts. I wan my UHC!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

Hillary's strategy in previous debates has been to hug Bernie and try to hit him from the left. Seems like Bernie has managed to foil that this debate and show a lot of glaring contrast. He looks like the candidate of big ideas so far tonight.

Americans hate big ideas though. They want a candidate who can pragmatically compromise

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

FourLeaf posted:

so loving dishonest

Hillary 2016!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Does it make me a dumb voter that I honestly don't care about foreign policy? It seems like domestic policy is a much bigger issue.

I used to care, but honestly I'm with you. I do not give a poo poo about the middle east anymore. Let them murder each other and sort out who is going to be in charge. Take in refugees, provide humanitarian aid, let them slaughter each other until they are either out of bullets or out of fighters. I'd rather focus on domestic issues

(I'm a massive misanthrope though, so ymmv)

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

So what *are* America's interests in the Middle East? From an economic standpoint why do we even give a gently caress?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

lfield posted:

oiiiillll

Eh. Thanks to the Middle East being a hell hole embroiled in forever war America developed its shale oil to the extent that not even the Saudi's pumping as fast as possible can crush it. We don't need their oil. It would actually probably be good for America if maybe the Middle East pumped a little bit less oil to revive existing domestic producers.

So the question still remains, from an economic perspective why does America even give a poo poo about the middle east?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Wow. That was an amazing smack down on MOM

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

disjoe posted:

From an economic perspective, nothing nowadays.

But Saudi Arabia is going to destabilize loving QUICKLY if we continue to not buy their oil. It's a rentier state.

Now, as a misanthrope who doesnt mind if the Saudi's murder each other in the streets why do I care if Saudi Arabia destabilizes? I'd prefer the kids in my state have a chance at an education that makes them competitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

disjoe posted:

Saudi Arabia destabilizing likely means the proliferation of more terrorism in the vein of Al Qaeda. Then you get blown up in an office building.

That may or may not be true, but it's how you turn foreign issues into domestic ones.

Eh. *Someone* gets blown up in an office building, and if America goes hands off its probably not us. And even if it is us I'm more likely to die crossing the street, so... still don't care. I'm probably just a terrible person, but I honestly have never seen why I should care about the Middle East when there are kids starving in America with no hope of an education

• Locked thread