Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Aliquid posted:

No wealth tax, smdh Bernie

why would there be a wealth tax in his loving health plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Not a Step posted:

Nope. Disagree. I am ready for a return to psuedo-isolationist America that doesn't try to shape any more regimes. At most I'm willing to support airstrikes in support of other regional movements who are willing to invest their own ground forces. Maybe some special forces because theyve been proven to be effective on the ground. But no more political manipulation and shenanigans. Let the world have a few civil wars and the occasional genocide, if it must, so regional powers can get their poo poo together. America should stand by to take in refugees and skim the best talent from poverty stricken and war torn nations, same as we always have. Aside from that, I'm sick of ill planned military adventure after ill planned military adventure, and I bet I represent a decent amount of the millennial generation. gently caress American imperialism, lets go back to our culture and science encouraging the world to be more like us instead of our military.

Also cut $100 billion from our military spending and use it to fund federal education and research initiatives.

E: And before anyone gets pissy about insufficient patriotism, I served for six years in the Navy (and milked that federal welfare for all it was worth) but then went on to graduate from an elite private liberal arts college
this can make sense. getting in early and applying economic sanctions is the way to go. iran has got a great treaty. It is spectacularly two faced of clinton to criticize the relationship at the moment.

are there any goons that get pissy about insufficient patriotism? I like to think one can be patriotic for the principles this country was partly founded on, rather than its current state.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

zeal posted:

oh man, an undergraduate econ major playing devil's advocate, everybody hold on to your poo poo!

where's the devil's advocacy? there's nothing edgy about pointing out america's colossal, unquestionable universal power might come with some responsibility. white house man's burden, if you will. this poster just has some economic shading to add to the idea.

• Locked thread