Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minsky
May 23, 2001

I look forward to the first Presidential primary rap battle debate of 2020 ft. Kanye vs Killer Mike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minsky
May 23, 2001

These Bernie answers are pretty mediocre. He answers really well in forum-style debates, but then plays six degrees of stump speech in these formal ones.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I think Bernie did poorly during the first half but woke up during the Wall Street parts. Basically the same performance as every other debate. I'd say that's bad for him, yet his poll numbers keep going up.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Also Bernie nailed that raising taxes answer in my opinion. If Hillary tries to keep pressing that angle I think it's gonna backfire hard.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Where is Killer Mike? I was promised Killer Mike as post-debate hype man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Drastic Actions posted:

Which is going to be a real bitch to explain to most voters, who will hear "Raise your taxes" and not "Get rid of premiums". Messaging is very important for something like that, but he has not figured out, IMO, how to actually do that here.

Is it really though? Like I feel like he explained it in a single clear sentence in this debate.

I really feel that if Hillary continues that angle, she basically has to take the argument towards criticizing the Sanders campaign's analysis about the accuracy of whether a Medicare for all program actually can save people money over the current private insurance system, and I don't know if that's something she really wants to do as a Democratic candidate.

Otherwise just repeating "Bernie will raise your taxes" seems like the biggest softball ever.

• Locked thread